2018-04-04 Emmett - Doing well - Dose information? - AMPS (8.9/160) +1 (10.3/185)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rob W. & Emmett, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Previous post

So he did fairly well last night (at least when I was monitoring (up until +5)

This morning he was 8.9/160 AMPS, so not bad for Mr. Emms. I dosed him with his previous "breakthrough dose" of 3.75 to maintain the depot to a level which potentially gave him those nice greens.

Now, this is my 9th cycle at 3.75 (8 if you minus the 3.5 I did yesterday PM). Am I correct to hold this dose? ie. no increase? If I do hold it, for how long? ...I guess until he gives me BG readings which would make me change it?

The pdf in the FAQ says (Tilly's site as well), says one week of greens (sprinkle of low blues) or 3 greens on 3 separate days?

@Wendy&Neko
    @Stacy & Asia
    @Bobbie And Bubba
    @carfurby
    @Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Rob

2. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

I can't for the life of me figure out what GA means in a forum....

Sienne has it in her name and it's a prefix option for the thread title -- what is GA?

GA = General Admission (in a concert)

...general assistance?

3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Gone Ahead - Guardian Angel

It lets you know a kitty has passed.

A lot of people get it confused to begin with!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Oh ic. Luckily I didn't pick that! I was kind of thinking it meant general assistance...it made sense in this forum. Sorry Sienne, glad to see you're still helping out here though!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

You would hold the dose for 10 (more) cycles since you got your first greens. The dose will change if he goes below 50 at any point or has mostly all greens for a week (decrease), or if after the 10 cycles he is not regularly seeing greens and blues, you would increase.

The 3 greens on 3 separate days refers to 3 below 50 greens (but over 40). Our version of TR is a slight modification, we typically don’t suggest the 3 below 50 reduction until you’ve had more experience and time under your belt and know how your cat does with reductions (I.e. they don’t stick). It’s recommended to take the .25 reduction on one number below 50.

It’s nice to have a good working dose for awhile, I hope he keeps seeing greens. :D

In the new members start here sticky, there is a link to the L&L slang, GA should be in there.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Wow, Stacy, not sure where you got that info but it's not written as clear and concise anywhere else. I guess it's just your experience with this or what you've learned here. But yes, that totally answers my question! Thanks!

You should update one of the TR sticky's with this kind of info and clarity. ...it maaaay be somewhere but I don't remember, perhaps we need a quick dose reference sticky :)

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Emmett had a wonderful run last night! And not a bad start for a bounce!

You would not be the first one to be confused by the GA title including myself.
    The protocol can be confusing. It gets more clear after you see the applications for your kitty.

I am excited about Emmett's progress. :cat:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  8. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Emmett looks to be bouncing a bit, but looks like it’s going down right now.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yes, he is but look how long he was in greens and blues! Hope he clears the bounce soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.