2018.06.25 | Emmett • Dose Reduction? | AMPS • 142 | +1 • 157 | +11 • 85 | PMPS? | +2 • 74 | +3 • 67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rob W. & Emmett, Jun 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Previous: June 24

So, I have a question about dose reduction. If I reduce a dose when do I determine whether it’s a “good dose”?

Do I wait the standard 6 cycles to see how it pans out?

I ask because I’ve read that when reducing the dose if it doesn’t work, go back to the “last good dose” immediately.

Now that said, what is considered not working? How high for BG reading? I’m not in a rush or anything, but how long do I wait if I don’t see a green in my reduced dose?

R
    @Wendy&Neko @Stacy & Asia @Bobbie And Bubba @Sienne and Gabby (GA) @Tracey&Jones @Christie & Maverick @Gill & George

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Rob, I wait 6 cycles to make sure he clears any bounce and if I see more yelllows then blues in the last couple of cycles. My case is a different from yours though, so I will be interested to see what other have to say.

3. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

I believe the protocol states as long as I'm in the 50-200 mg/dl then I'm good.

My only question would be that if Emmett decides that he'll stay in the 130-200 range @ 6.5 iu...when do I go I go back up. Haha, I know I already asked but I'm reading Tilly's site. :)

4. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

looks like a pretty good green night so far. I'm kicking myself cause I actually FORGOT to do a PMPS...I'm guessing it was around 80 but I'm not sure. His +11 was 85. First time I've missed it.

5. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Following in case you get any more answers, I am curious about this too.
    Great streak tonight Emmett! :)

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Rob, I am just getting back on after being out of state for a family wedding. Looks like Emmett decided to work it last night with that nice streak of greens. Hopefully today he will still be doing well with the reduction.

To answer your question about reductions and when to take him back up again, reductions and whether they failed are really hard to recognize at first. Are they bouncing or did the reduction fail? Usually, you are safe to let the bounce clear first and see where he lands.

It's been my experience that a bounce after a reduction has the numbers wobbling back and forth a few cycles. And a failed reduction, the numbers go steadily upwards. Emmett stayed rather flat in blues for a few cycle and then decided to drop into greens. Last night was cycle 4 after the reduction so today's numbers should not be influenced by the higher depot of 6.75 as it should be drained.

He could bounce a bit today from those nice greens last night.

7. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Thanks Bobbie,

Was the wedding fun at least?

I started a new thread for today. Today

But seems as though Emmett's greens streak continued all night into this morning. So I think it's safe to say the reduction didn't fail :)

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.