2018.06.26 | Emmett • Dosing? | AMPS • 59 | +1.33 • 76 | +2.66 • 70 | +4 • 52

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rob W. & Emmett, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Previous: June 25

So, please read my post from yesterday, however, this does look to be a good dose reduction and it doesn't appear to have failed, so my question is out there still, and I guess it may creep up in the future so if you have any more insights, please share (thanks Bobbie for answering, your response made good sense).

Onward, so, once again Emmett did very well last night at 6.5 iu. And it looks to have continued through the whole night into this morning. Fed him at the +1.33 and the +2.66.

Had to go to work, so hopefully he has a good day.

I haven't seen any drops below 50 on this dose yet.

Haha, new question though, he's had a pretty good streak on this dose. Do I now aim for about week of greens (that's 14 cycles) before I try to go down to 6 units or can/should I do it sooner? Obviously if he drops below 50 I do it right away...

1 week would be July 1st, would be good if I could try a reduction Friday morning if all goes well this week. What do you all think?

Rob

@Wendy&Neko @Stacy & Asia @Bobbie And Bubba @Sienne and Gabby (GA) @Tracey&Jones @Christie & Maverick @Gill & George

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Emmett is looking good. One way to earn a reduction is if the cat stays in normal numbers for a week.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Rob --

I'm not sure I'm following your question. A "week of greens" is a solid week of nadirs, and, ideally the rest of the cycle, in normal numbers if not wholly below 100. You can't base the number of cycles on when you changed the dose. In other words, yesterday Emmett was in the mid-blues. That disrupts any "week of greens" so you can't count from last Sunday to July 1st since Emmett has been out of normal range for part of this time.

4. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Yes, that makes sense. So in other words I hold the 6.5 units unless there’s reason to change it. Numbers get too high again or below 50. I guess I’m finally “holding the dose”? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.