2018.07.02 | Emmett • Another REDUCTION? :) | +6 • 49 | +8 • 54 | PM • 88 | +2 • 135 | +4 • 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rob W. & Emmett, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Previous: July 1

Hey all, me again! :)

So as we can all see, Emmett has once again hit 40. Just gave him some juicy gravy food, will be testing in about 30 minutes.

Anyway, I guess it's yet ANOTHER reduction tonight to 5.0 units?

I'm just wondering, should I stick with the 5.5 units for another cycle because this is literally only his 2nd cycle reduction at 5.5 units. This could still be the 6 units acting...or is that not how we do it? Are we kinda flushing the 6 units out slowly, then if the 5.0 units isn't good, we bump back up to 5.5 units later -- when needed?

R

@Wendy&Neko @Stacy & Asia @Bobbie And Bubba @Sienne and Gabby (GA) @Tracey&Jones @Christie & Maverick @Gill & George @Sue and Luci @carfurby @Bellasmom

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

While it could be the depot if my cat I would take another reduction. You can always go back up if it fails.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

And I'm leaning in the other direction -- I'd hold the dose. I don't think the depot has caught up with the reduction.

Bellasmom likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I guess I’m erring on side of caution. No right or wrong call here.

5. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

I think I may hold, we'll see how he is the rest of the cycle, but I can monitor him tonight as well ...before I go back to work tomorrow.

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd hold for tonight since you're there to monitor him........would be a safe bet to do the reducie in the morning after a night of testing to see how the depot reacts..........keep us poted

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I see two options, both of which keep 5.5 units as the dose. The first option is to shoot 5.5 units tonight. The second is to shoot a BCS or slightly lower dose tonight to help drain the 6.0 unit depot, and go back to 5.5 units tonight. The larger depots can influence 4-6 cycles after a reduction. Today's action was most likely depot action.

Did you give him any higher carb food when you saw the 40? It's helpful if you can put notes in the Remarks column when you have to add extra food beyond what you normally do. If a kitty comes up easily with LC, it says something different than if someone is pour syrup all over their food.

8. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I too think that the lower numbers are a result of the depot of the 6u dose. I'd probably holdthe 5.5u.
    Wendy's idea of shooting a lower dose to drain the depot may give you some breathing space if you need to catch some zzz's

Btw I dodndi get your tag. I think it's a glitch in the system if you tag multiple people try pressing enter after each one when they're all in a row like that the tags don't always work

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  9. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Hey,

So, I shot 5.5 units. Last check was 135. Does anyone know if FortiFlora would cause the glucose level to rise? Just curious.

When he hit 40 today I gave him some Wellness morsels with gravy. I always put my feedings as comments of the cell (that way I know what I fed at that hour) ...but, the comments don’t share between sheets, so if you view the US mg/dL sheet, comments won’t show. Comments are only visible in the mmol/L tab.

I started putting it in the comment column but it got confusing when I had more than one thing to say over the 2 cycles.

R

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Fortiflora should not impact his BG.

11. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Alright, I didn't think so either. Just double checking. Thanks.

R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.