2018.07.05| Emmett • Reduce Again?| AM • 85| +1 • 115| +11 • 47| PM • 74| +1 • 86| +3 • 79| +4 • 74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rob W. & Emmett, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Rather than tagging people, a better way to get attention is to put the question mark prefix on your subject title, and ask your question in the title as you have done.

In my opinion, I would go down to 4.5 units. The protocol says 4.75, but something has clearly changed in Emmett and he's going down fast. The 0.5 unit change gives a little margin of safety with what is still a decent sized depot and since you are away and unable to test during the day.

One big caveat, do NOT shoot if he's below 50 at shot time. It's too dangerous. Any preshot number will be food influenced. A skip may be a better choice to help drain the depot.

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

Hey Wendy, yes, you’re right I’d get a quicker response. I will do that next time.

As for this time. I was delayed tonight so I wound up being an hr late. So the PMPS is +13 and it was 74.

Dosed 4.5 iu. Thanks! We’ll see how he does.

R

Wendy&Neko and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I agree with the reduction! As I said on your 7/1 post, he has "snapped" and if you aren't home during the day, safety first.

This is exciting to see. :)

5. Rob W. & Emmett

Rob W. & Emmett Member

This is very peculiar. Haha. I guess he has "snapped" for now. Tonight is very, very flat – almost no fluctuation so far. I'm gonna try and get a +6, but I'm not sure I can get myself up...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.