21 June: TUCKER AMPS: 15.3 shot 3.25, +5 was 13.2

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucker

Tucker Member

His BG seems better but he is a little bit flat today. Hungry but flat.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Might be worth a +10 or +11 to see if he is coming off the bounce. And that will give you a heads up before PMPS if he is.

3. Tucker

Tucker Member

Ok, I'll do that. Thank you.

4. Tucker

Tucker Member

+10 = 15.2

5. Tucker

Tucker Member

PMPS: 17.7 Shot 3.25

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

This is the 5th cycle of the bounce.
    Tomorrow will be the 7th dose at 3.25 units but I would not increase doing the bounce. It is safer to wait out the 6 cycles if the bounce hasn't already broken, because sometimes when they come off the bounce they can drop quite fast.....and you can see where the 3.25units is taking him without the influence of the counterregulatory hormones that he dumped into his system to 'save himself' after that 7 (126)...
    hope he's feeling more lively.

7. Tucker

Tucker Member

It's scary to me that what you just wrote is actually making sense...big learning curve this month! I'm happy to keep him in the holding pattern and see how he adjusts. Should I do additional blood tests tonight or wait until morning and just do the AMPS? (He's currently bundled onto the big bed with his daddy and Daisy and Teddy.......super cute.)

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Lucky boy cuddling up with his family in this cold weather! That is exactly where my boy is too!
    I'd get one test before you go to bed....a+5 or+6 just to make sure this isn't the cycle he is going to come off the bounce. If he hasn't moved down much, you should be able to leave it til morning.

JeffJ likes this.
  9. Tucker

Tucker Member

I understand. I'll retest and try to get to bed before midnight. Thank you for your guidance!
    +5 = 15.5

JeffJ likes this.
  10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Tucker clears this bounce soon & gently!

11. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

It sounds like Tucker is doing good. Bounces are not fun to deal with, but now you are getting some experience with them.

I'm still putting my bets on dose = 3.5Units, to see some BG reduction. Let's hope so anyhow.

You can send some of that cold weather here...we are in the midst of Texas summer!

Leoberry turned 12 years old - he has been through a lot. I made a little birthday thread for him.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/happy-birthday-leo-12-years-old.197247/

He would not be alive if I had not gotten help from this wonderful forum.:bighug:

12. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Looking good.............you might want to post your BG test numbers in the US way, as the W sometimes confuses them :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.