22/5 Monkey AMPS 439

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger, May 22, 2020.

1. PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger

PH&MonkeyPenPenFaFaTiger Member

@Nan & Amber (GA) @Bron and Sheba (GA) @jt and trouble (GA)

Monkey eat less this morning and stays in cardboard box for whole day, without eating extra meal. (I did not gave him since he has not finish his breakfast). This may or may not be a problem, it may only show that he likes his new shelter.

When should I decide if I should give 2.0 dose, since his BG is constantly >200, and I afraid the BG is toxic for too long time. His neuropathy in his hind legs are quite bad:(. How to determine if he is finally out of bounce?

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you can increase on the next dose. There's no way to tell for sure when he's done bouncing-- we say "up to 6 cycles" but it can vary cat to cat and week to week on the same cat.

Last time, he came out of the bounce right when I recommended an increase :confused:, maybe he'll do that again (with a little less drama, please, Monkey!). I agree that we need to get him out of these high numbers.

Hope he's feeling better soon. The neuropathy is tough to see :(.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I agree with Nan. I hope the increase helps.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwww (((((Monkey))))) I hope he feels better real fast Peter.

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Peter, how is Monkey now. Is he eating any better and getting out of his shelter?
    Are you testing for ketones with Ketostix?
    Are you giving Methyl B12 to Monkey for the neuropathy.