22/8/15 Lucy AMPS 85 +3 128

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Voula, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Given the 1.7/31 BG we had the other night I am very cautious about dosing a falling green number such as we have this morning. In addition I changed to an optium glucometer from a freestyle lite so I am cautious because of that also. Generally but not always we have had higher BG readings using the optium as compared to the freestyle lite as I have been doing comparison tests in transition to the new glucometer so that is an additional reason I am stalling giving Lucy her insulin this morning. I decided a while ago that I am not comfortable dosing a falling green number under 4/72 and will stall according to the Roomp/Rand guidelines that give several options if BG is between 2.8/50 and 5.5/100. Our dosing schedule is flexible so I can continue on a new schedule after this morning's dose which will be a little late it seems.
    My previous post:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/hypoglycemia.142870/

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sounds reasonable to me to stall if you have a falling number under 4.0 (72). Paws crossed Lucy starts coming up soon. The good news is, she's holding this reduction. :D

Voula likes this.
  3. CarolynE

CarolynE Member

Better to play it safe. And at least you have the flexibility to play with the schedule.
    I think it's Lucy's turn to send some of her green across to @Bron and Sheba :D

Bron and Sheba (GA) and Voula like this.
  4. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you Wendy. I just gave Lucy her insulin and she was happy to have a snack with it as I didn't feed her as much this morning.

5. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you Carolyn. We are more than happy to share our green numbers with Sheba too. :cat::) Lucy and I send purrs and pats to Martian and best wishes to both of you for continued success. I have been following your posts though I haven't posted much in reply to them as I have been quite busy this week.

CarolynE likes this.
  6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

All green gratefully receive at this point!:)

Voula likes this.
  7. purrdydolly

purrdydolly Member

Nice work Lucy :D:cool:

Voula likes this.
  8. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you Serryn. I am still recovering after the 1.7/31 the other night though Lucy thoroughly enjoyed the high carb food. :cat::)

9. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

nice when the :D takes over....

Voula likes this.
  10. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you Rhiannon. Green numbers are nice but when we got the 1.7/31 the other night I panicked. :nailbiting:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.