22/8 Jai Jai - AMPS: 488, +3: 373, +9: 425; PMPS: 443, +3: 436 (Increased to 1.25, changing vial?)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by heyhollis, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

21/8's Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/1481467/

Since Jai Jai had high numbers after taking 1 unit for 6 cycles, he is now on 1.25 unit starting from today's PM shot.

His curve looks flat with the increase:

AM: 1 unit; PM: 1.25 units
    AMPS: 488,
    +3: 373,
    +9: 425;
    PMPS: 443,
    +3: 436

Is there anything about the effectiveness of the current vial? It has been opened for nearly 2 months. It is in the refrigerator, but we may not handle it as good as @julie & punkin (ga) taught us in the video via this thread.

If we get a new vial, will it cause Jai Jai's BG to drop drastically? I want to know how people deal with the kitten when changing the vial because the old one's effectiveness is fading out. Thank you and have a wonderful rest day.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

My vials gave lasted for about 5 months. I've only had two vials and then switched to the pens because I use them up without waste. I haven't seen a big drop after switching but would want to switch when I'm able to monitor just in case. Two months seems awfully fast to lose potency. He might just need more juice.

heyhollis likes this.
  3. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

I agree that Jai Jai may need more juice. I recall on the day he got yellow, my hubby was at home and he turned on the air conditioner. I think it is much related to the changed room temperature. On the day that he had hypo, it was raining, and the temperature dropped quite much. I think there may be some associations between BG and temperature. Any idea on this?

I am hoping that the current vial is still working fine. But, to play safe, I will go buying new vials tomorrow, and will monitor Jai Jai at night. However, I do have much concern because I cannot monitor him closely when I am at work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.