22-Feb: Tyler &M : AMPS=301: +2=198: +4.5=155: +8.5=256: PMPS=292

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PussCatPrince - GA, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Okays. So I increased the dose a bit to 1.25 just because I got fed up with seeing those numbers.
    I know there is not enough nadir tests or a curve. Nor is the diet right and all that stuff but I just felt the dose was too low.

Vet has phoned and spoken a lot of long words & sent through a wordy article. Main thing though is he feels all tests are mostly consistent with Triaditis. That is on top of the diabetes of course. The pancreatitis is still with us , however I expected that.

There is an appointment tomorrow morning about this. Hopefully I can also have collar which does nothing removed too. It may mean a larger collar .
    There is already an appointment in place for next Tuesday re his eye ulcers . That is when the lid will be unstitched , the eye inspected and I will get the deep joy of plonking the eye cream gloop in the eyeball.

The temgesic is finished. The vibravet carries on. Will see about arthritic pain meds tomorrow.

Today Tyler was quite talky this morning for the first time in ages. He wanted his food as always and must have pooped on his way back up the garden , although I didn't see that happening. He even gave me a small purr moment & he went for a snooze in his igloo rather than under the bed. :)

@HWright . Thanks for the post yesterday. Yes. I am open to anything at all . I haven't yet added back in the rice water because it's been a bit hectic around here but am on the case today. That and the pumpkin.
    Am laying off the boulardii though .

Oh and in other news today.
    The microwave blew up with a flash , bang , wallop
    :nailbiting: Didn't need that heart attack moment after the storms.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. PussCatPrince - GA

1pm. Just did a mahoosive poop in a tray. Paler in colour and a bit smelly but I put that down to the fact I ran out of pumpkin yesterday and couldn't get out due to weather.

Also he is actually trying really hard to clean his rear area at the moment. He is in his igloo which helps him curl himself around. :) So I shan't poke in there with me wet flannels for now.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the traidities. Hopefully you can get some treatment going that will help him feel better. That's a good sign he is in his igloo and trying to clean himself. Sending prayers.

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the dx but now you know and can treat it. Sending white healing light your way.

5. PussCatPrince - GA

Thank you.
    I'm not sure how they treat this really.
    Diet?
    Meds?

I think the B12 injections have made a difference to Ty overall.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

It is more symptomatic treatment - like pancreatitis isn't it?

7. PussCatPrince - GA

I dunno.
    I was thinking multi-approach in some way.
    I'll find out tomorrow.

Anyway the good news is I am not going ga-ga. :p

Ty's bum was grubs this morning and I couldn't understand if I had forgotten to do a teatime clean the previous evening. I couldn't even remember him having a dump.

So he did one of his bigger than a mountain dumps this morning & I cleaned that up and thought to self , there are rather a lot of tagnuts under the tail for that lot. :confused:

Husband phoned a bit ago from one of the storm wrecked sites and asked if I had "seen?"
    "Seen what" was the wifely response. Thinking 'the news'. 'The mess' he left this morning. The next door neighbour.

Nopes. "Had I seen the poo that Ty had left behind the log burner" ?

So I walk over to said log burner and peer behind and sure enough , right where Tyler and incidentally the husband :banghead: left it , is a monster poop.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Your husband is helpful, yet not so helpful. :rolleyes:

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

It is funny how the DH's are sooooo, good up to the icky points. Mine doesn't touch vomit or diarrhea (even in the pan). He will sweep, vacuum, scoop the litter boxes if it all normal.

10. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

So I think it's Friday 23rd 545am by you right now. So happy to hear Ty chatty and purry and hanging in his igloo! :p that is wonderful.
    I tried to read up on triaditis, but it honestly looked to me like a catch all for hard to dx symptoms???:confused: and if I'm recalling correctly, Ty doesn't have vomit issues?? My Madrigal had IBD which was successfully treated with (i know - forboden!) Rx dry food, but she didn't have other health issues. She also scratched her cornea on a bougainvilla (sp?) And i had to put the gunk directly on her eyeball for weeks. She was really good for everything though. It seemed to give her tremendous relief while healing. :) I hope Ty responds to the dosecrease! Vines and hugs for everything! And btw, the microwave scare - good for your heart! Lol :p:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for mentioning that .. I have always wondered just how far ahead Ty and M are for me .. it's actually 19 hours! :eek:

12. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

Ya. I always add a day and subtract 3 hours. ;)

13. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hi, M.
    Goodness gracious about the microwave debacle! Idk which is worse: an exploding microwave or weathering through not one but two back-to-back cyclones. You’re a brave soul!

What a fullsome poo report full of fullsome poo. If ty’s Poo lighter color doesn’t return to his normal, I’d mention it to your vet. Could be indicator of the bile duct/liver not functioning well...ergo part of the triaditis.

Hope the return of rice water and pumpkin helps.

I’m thinking that glandular supports might be a helpful adjunct to ty’s program. A whole body support that includes pancreas, liver and enteric supports or individual ones for the respective organs. Also, the liver shake might be worth a try to include in Ty’s regimen for a few days or until he feels better...and then offer once or twice a week or once in awhile for s boost. ECID but thats an approach that Azalea has jived with. There are homeopathics and Chinese herbs that can be helpful with any of the issues. But these are best determined by a vet with holistic/homeopathic/alternative expertise. With homeopathy, it’s about utilizing the remedy/remedies that most suit the whole being, not just the symptoms. (Aka constitional remedies). That said, arnica, hypericum, ledum are good ones to have on hand for different kinds of pain.

IDK who might be good alternative vets to contact in NZ. But here are a couple of links that I hope will help; one to a directory of alternative vets, the other to one who does office and telephone consults.

Hope each day is a better day for you and Ty!
    ❤️
    Sina

http://www.civtedu.org/new-zealand/
    https://www.holisticvets.co.nz/

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.