22ndMay: Tyler &M: AMPS=268 : +6=212 : PMPS=270

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PussCatPrince - GA, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Ty seemed to have a little irritation going on with his right eye last evening. Watching this ( no pun intended) in case it is another ulcer. I do have some ointment I can use but don't wish to interfere unless necessary .

Today is B12 shot day. He has this every Tuesday.

We have now gone into quite chilly weather. Enough to need the log burner of an early evening. The change in weather could be bothering Ty's old bones, particularly as he doesn't have enough weight on him.

This time last year he was a perfectly hale and hearty cat. Going for long sojourns over the paddock next door . Jumping on the bed of a night. Talky, walky , purry, snuggly. He was Top Shelf as the saying goes here.

Now , rather like Mr Rochester in Jane Eyre, he is but a shadow of this. He is still Ty but I really must remember to not just look & love with my heart but to also look & think hard with my head.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Well said, sweet momma bean, well said :bighug: Extra scritches to Ty and hugs /prayers/warm thoughts to you and ur DH :):bighug:

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I forget you are heading right into Autumn, while we are enjoying Spring. I'm sorry to hear Tyler is slowing, and that your heart aches. You love him so much, I have no doubt he loves you same right back. Stay warm, hugs to all of you.

5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Does he perk up a bit with the B12?

So it's getting warm here and cold there. Should be nice for him to have a fire and a warm house so he can be cozy. Since we started with the air conditioning it's a balance between it being too warm or cooling too much and Asia will find different lounge spots depending on what her temperature needs are.

I hope he doesn't have another eye ulcer, is that from a row with a civvie or is it just a thing? Do you know?

Hope Ty is feeling more comfortable soon and look forward to hearing about pentosan if you decide to try it. Adequan hasn't made miracles over here, but at their age, little improvements can be quite a cause for celebration. One episode of couch jumping and some self ear scratching is quite nice.

Maybe the lazy cool weather will let Ty put on a bit of extra weight. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. PussCatPrince - GA

The vet has just phoned me.
    There is definitely nothing going on urine wise.
    However the simple pancreatic test came back and it indicates there are still rumblings going on.
    The very expensive USA test is not yet back.

The vet wishes me to consider prednisone & the use thereof. He was careful to express the issues surrounding this use and diabetes. Insulin resistance etc.

Given Ty's higher numbers despite a dose increase and his general lacklustre manner I feel that yup, his pancreas is rumbling.

Beth 73 likes this.
  8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Ty isn't feeling so whoopy....that pancreatitis sure is an awful disease to deal with!!

I'm so blessed that (so far anyway) I've never had to deal with it in China. After hearing how much everyone else goes through with their kitties, I hope I never do!!

Feel better soon Ty!!
    healing light (Custom).jpg

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  9. PussCatPrince - GA

I am definitely going to try and get Ty to the vet tomorrow if it is possible. He isn't even interested in an evening treat ( which is not really a treat)
    He is absolutely feeling 'off '. This explains his BG numbers.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  10. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Good you got some answers from your vet and are bringing Ty in for recheck. Bummer that your gallant fellow feeling off. Vines abounding across the seas for you and Ty :bighug::bighug:❤️

Beth 73 likes this.
  11. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for a positive vet visit .. that Ty can definitely and easily be helped :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::)

12. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Vetty vines for Ty (hope you can get the appointment) :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Ty isn't feeling up to snuff. Sending prayers and good vetty vines! Please keep us updated.

Stay warm! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Well, as I remember, Mr. Rochester ended up doing very well. His "Plain Jane" found him and loved him. After a time, he regained sight in one of his eyes.

Beth 73 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.