23-Jan : Tyler &M: AMPS=272: +1=292: +2=277: +4=214 :+7.5=194 : +10=259 :PMPS=277: +2=194

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PussCatPrince - GA, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Ty still has diarrhea . Food = plain poached chicken with a smearing of iams grain free to help assorted meds and powders.
    I have baked pumpkin ( did not find canned here ) and also the Slippery Elm Bark both of which I have been giving with a thought for meds absorption.

Obtained s.boulardii yesterday. Product is called Travel Bug.

Per a post I found by @Marje and Gracie I will follow the Stop method for a day or so , even though I really must play catch up on things I should be doing to help earn a crust, or in this case boulardii , strips, syringes and assorted other gubbins.

Worse thing this morning. Absolutely cannot remember if I gave Ty his blood pressure pill. Rats.

Monday's condo.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  2. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug: M and Ty. So sorry it is rough going over there right now. Hope things get better soon. Can you count the remaining bp pills to see if you gave it? :bighug::bighug:

3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Sending vines for Ty.

I’ve had to be off the board a few days so haven’t been able to check in on you all. If I don’t fall asleep early tonight, I’ll take a look at his SS.:):bighug:

I hope the S. boulardi works. I’ve not heard of that brand.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Poor Tyler and diarrhea. Looks like he is bouncing from the green yesterday. Wonder if he is in pain with GI upset which could also be contributing to the higher numbers. How's he eating? Can you get pure squash baby food there? That can help with diarrhea also.

5. PussCatPrince - GA

Thank you SO much @Marje and Gracie. I know you are real life busy and have many SS's to look into when on here. So I really do appreciate your time and input.

@Bobbie And Bubba Ty's appetite is fine. He will eat whatever I give and however much I put down for him.

I don't 'get' all the yellows really . There again am a bit tired around the edges. I did wonder if I didn't dose quite right this morning but I did feel I had.
    One thing though could be that he stumbled off a bedside box this morning so he may be feeling a bit sore around the back legs although not displaying any of his usual sore/pain/annoyed behaviours that I have come to know so well the past 19 years. He was after the snack food in the container .

He just splatted in a litter tray whilst having a wee, poor lad.

Just given another small amount of poached chicken with another 1/2 capsule of the s.boulardii sprinkled on. Doing best to follow the Stop guidelines but I must go out now for 3 hours. No choice.

...actually I wonder if he is feeling a need for a reassurance for himself. He just wobbled in to plonk down by the office doorway right now as I am typing. This is not one of his places .

I have to dash. I am now late. & still need to put the soiled cat bottom wipe cloths in the wash m/c.

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Ty feels better pronto! :bighug::bighug:

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  7. PussCatPrince - GA

Today so far has been all yellow. He may have been all yellow in the past without my realising this.

Difference today is that he stumbled off the wood box by the bed & he has been given small bits of poached chicken with the pro-biotic added virtually each time I have tested , except for +1.

I tried to check what was left of his bp meds (amlodipine) per Heidi's suggestion but it's impossible really. These are tiny tablets which I have all quartered with the tablet cutter.

One thing though. His appetite is fine !

By the way. It is stinking hot today so that doesn't help him.

8. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Sorry he's still having poo problems, I really hope the probiotics, SEB and pumpkin help!

I have a notebook and I write down everything cat I do in it right after I do it, it's habit: bg tests, shots, meds, supplements, fluids, unusual behaviors etc. I add BGs to my SS later, but I always run to my notebook right away, so I know later if I forgot to give something or what time I gave something, may be a help if you did something similar? It doesn't have to be fancy, but I can't remember things 5 minutes later sometimes, especially when sleep deprived. It's saved me several times to look at my log book. ;)

Also, might want to ask about a dose increase tomorrow, looks to me like he's due. :cat:

9. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Hope he wasn't hurt by his stumble. Vines for Ty. We're in Vegas, so I can totally relate to how hard it can be to get comfortable or maintain positivity in blistering heat! Hang in there! My guys like an ice cold wet face cloth laid across their backs.... :rolleyes:

10. PussCatPrince - GA

OK. So he just missed the litter tray with his wee which he has never ever done and there was a small bit of squit in the tray. He has 3/4 litter trays to pick from.

edit...this was hours earlier & I had to leave the post and sort things out.

Just now he made it to a tray but then had to flop down afterward. Now this may be because of the fall or it may be that he is struggling with both water works and poo works. Phil thought he looked like he was struggling earlier .

If I see no improvement tomorrow very first thing it will be the vet.

I did the cold flannel thing for him and me earlier Heidi . We didn't share flannels. Honest.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  11. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

downloadfile-3.png cool, healing, anti squit vines for Ty :bighug: and it would be our secret if you did share the flannels ;)

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.