26 April | Girlie AMPS=175; +3= 65 Cisapride question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...amps-155-increase-needed.194629/#post-2177793

Well, with a +3 of 65, she's sure not getting a dose increase! She just had an enema: most unpleasant one yet. The mobile vet suggested putting her back on Cisapride, but I know that there are some concerns about that. She's 19 years old, and from what other vets have said, it's not that unusual for an older cat to only go every four days or so. Any thoughts on the benefits (or not!) of Cisapride?

Hope everyone is well in L&L land!

2. Girlie's mom

Here's hoping you're right about that, Gill! We'll see how she goes on from this afternoon post-enema. Poor baby!

3. Girlie's mom

You're right about that @Beenie (GA) ; but I went back to my records and had to correct myself! I started her last via in January 2018. I think I'll see how she goes with the enema. Today's 65 at +3 gave me hope. We'll just see how the duration goes. I hope all is well with you!

Just curious: Are you just relying on the Miralax now, or are you using something like Cisapride, too?

4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you using probiotics? Bronx gets a probiotic in the morn and kefir at night and I think that is helping. I also use Miralax and Lactulose and a supplement called Smooth BM Gold

Girlie's mom likes this.
  5. Girlie's mom

We opted for the Miralax rather than the Lactulose as the Lactulose oral dose was so high and it was so sticky! I'm going to the US end of June, and Girlie has a wish list that Amazon is going to fill and I'm going to bring back with me. Smooth BM Gold is on that! Does Bronx mind the taste of it in his food? I'm not sure whether it was that one or another that put some cats off...

6. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

PetAlive Natural Moves is the one that most cats hate but they say it works great. Smooth BM Gold drops are no problem for Bronx. I put the Lactulose in his food and also no problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.