29/08 Citrouille AMPS 288 - Food switch

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Citrouille, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Citrouille

Citrouille New Member

Hi ! (new post, more clear)

I switch my cat the 26 august. I started from a high carb dry food to Raw Food Diet. Now I just want to be sure that my cat is under control. Citrouille is pretty low and I'm not sure if its safe. I'm new using a freestyle lite (human) meter too. I stopped to track my cat before, so here is the most recent spreadsheet I have.

http://prntscr.com/kogpf7

So, what do you think? :/

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Reason for edit: Update link
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I can't get your spreadsheet to open. Can you make sure you have the share permission set to anyone with the link? It also looks like you're not using a Google spreadsheet, which may be why it won't open.

What is "pretty low?"

3. Citrouille

Citrouille New Member

Update : Need help to regulate Citrouille after couple of low number !
    Thanks

New spreadsheet :
    http://prntscr.com/kpk1nq

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you're over here from the Facebook group Daisy

Here's some information on "Understanding the Depot"

In very simple terms, Lantus is kind of like a timed-release medication. Some of each shot goes in the depot and is slowly released throughout the cycle.

It's very important to always get a test before shooting. It's the only way to know it's safe to give anything at all.

It's also important to get at least 1 test on the PM cycle. Most cats go lower at night so it's important to make sure he's safe while you're sleeping. You're also going to miss half the data if you don't get at least a "before bed" test on the PM cycle. It's kind of like trying to figure out the picture on a puzzle with only half the pieces filled in.

With the drop below 68, I'd try shooting a smaller dose like .25......you have to eyeball it and do the best you can to keep it consistent. Do you have syringes with half unit markings?

Here's what .25 looks like (on a syringe with half unit markings)
    .25 unit.PNG

5. Citrouille

Citrouille New Member

Ok !

I'm gonna try to test my cat more often and reduce is dose to .25 (i have syringue with half unit)
    What are the mgdl number I should look for ? It's not clear for me since I switch to human strip :/

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

The "take action" number is when they drop below 68

The numbers we hope for are between 68 and about 150