3/05 KiKi AMPS 527 PMPS 335 +5.5 101 +9.5 85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Donna & KiKi, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & KiKi

Donna & KiKi Member

Interesting....no inuslin and yet BG is lower even +2 after being fed. Vet appt in one hour.

Yesterdays thread

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 3/05 AMBG +2 385

Good luck today Donna and Kiki, good thoughts good for you both!

3. Donna & KiKi

Donna & KiKi Member

Re: 3/05 AMBG +2 385 AMPS 526

My vet just isn't sure what to think. She thought if something major -- it would have shown some sign of something on the bloodwork 2 weeks ago. She took X-ray of his belly -- becuz it seemed firmer than normal. However, she didn't see anything that would alarm her in any way.
    So anyhow, we are back home and I have started him on new pen cartridge and .5s unit. Tomorrow AM I will call her and let her know how he is doing -- I also sent her the link to KiKi's SS.
    This has been a rollercoaster ride for me -- I can only imagine what KiKi's going thru. :cry:
    Moved our PS time to 10:30, becuz it sounds like we might be going back to work soon (so less time adjustiment needed).
    My vet is truly an ANGEL - she did not charge me at all for the xray -- she even said that she really wanted to do it for her own peace of mind. Such generosity!!

4. Donna & KiKi

Donna & KiKi Member

Re: 3/05 AMPS 527 +1 482

+1 hour -- so far so good. He is sleeping in the closet -- I think he might be tired of me following his every move (although I hate when he does that -- I always think there is something wrong)

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/05 AMPS 527 +1 482

I hope this gets sorted out. Kiki's reaction doesn't seem to be diabetes related, but there can be a one in a million chance of anything. Keep us posted about how he does today.

Also, could you put Kiki's name in your subject like so others who are looking for your condo can find it more easily?

6. Donna & KiKi

Donna & KiKi Member

Re: 3/05 KiKi AMPS 527 +1 482 +2 452

Yeh, I noticed that I messed that up this AM.
    KiKi is making his rounds around the house. Still drinking alot of water and peeing (NEGATIVE ketones). When I checked on him +4 he seemed a little groggy--I brought some food -- he wasnt real thrilled until after the first bite then he got up and started packin it away . . . (approx 1/2 can FF)
    Now he is sleeping in the bedroom closet (prolly trying to have some alone time - tired of me following him around) I meant to get BG, but when he was so groggy I wanted to get food into him.....so I guess I'll wait til later to get it.

7. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 3/05 KiKi AMPS 527 +1 482 +3 452 +9.5 360

Hi Donna

hows Kiki doing tonight?

poor little guy - being followed by mom all the time! :lol: dont worry - thats normal, we all do it! It's for their own good!

Hope u guys are well tonite, (((hugs))) and tummy rubs for Kiki!

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just out of curiosity, how much do you typically feed Kiki? In case no one has mentioned it, until he's regulated, he's going to be hungry. In fact, he's going to have an enormous appetite. It's fine to feed him as much as he wants. Part of how diabetes works is that nutrients (i.e., glucose) isn't getting into the cells. Insulin is what expedites that process. So, until insulin is bringing his numbers into a better level on a regular basis, you will need to give extra food in order to make sure Kiki's nutritional needs are being met. Once he's better regulated, his appetite will decrease.

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

how's kiki tonight? is he still groggy?

10. Donna & KiKi

Donna & KiKi Member

Re: 3/05 KiKi AMPS 527 +1 482 +3 452 +9.5 360 PMPS 335

I've been coaxing him to eat (usually gives in if I keep at him ;-) )
    Actually he is doing pretty well . . . I still get scared if he's asleep and hasn't moved in a while. So I hafta go pet him to see if I get a response. Most of the time, I'll get one of those looks like, "You again?" However, on 2 seperate occassions this afternoon he was all groggy, dazed and unresponsive.
    Atleast he's letting me pet him more tonite . . . when he doesn't feel good (and I try to pet him) he'll let out a muffled cry or just plain move away. He still hasn't purred yet, but maybe tonite.
    Tonites numbers aren't too bad (for a new start) ... I guess all I can do at this point is pray and leave it in God's hands.

Also, for now KiKi is getting as much food as he likes....whenever he likes :mrgreen:

11. Donna & KiKi

Donna & KiKi Member

Re: 3/05 KiKi AMPS 527 PMPS 335 +9.5 85

OMG!
    :RAHCAT 101 :RAHCAT
    party_cat party_cat party_cat

I just happened to wake up so I check BG b4 trying to get him to eat some more.
    Then he left me a big stinky prezzie in LB also! YAY!
    Re-test in a owah to make sure we are NOT headed into the basement

**UPDATE** 85 wow -- I just don't know what to say. He hasn't been despondent and groggy since yesterday afternoon -- possibly it was all being caused by overdose of insulin? I sure hope so -- that would just tickle me pink!!!! I ordered more test strips off eBay -- no way I'm running out this time!
    I'm going to go ahead and keep feeding him until +10 -- try to gain the .5 lb he has lost in the last 3 wks

12. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Wow Donna. KiKi dropped to 85 without insulin? I guess it could be a little shed action right? (((hugs)))

13. Donna & KiKi

Donna & KiKi Member

Actually it was with .50s, but we had also gone without insulin for 24 before that -- I talked to my vet this AM and if AMBG <100 I am going to skip it -- then monitor him
    He peed just now and I almost didnt get there with my little portion cup in time .... I did catch about 3 drops tho. Ketones Negative yay!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.