3/1 Mandarin AMBG 196/ Walter AMBG 104

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandarin'sMom, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Last condo

It sure doesn't look like Mandarin is coming back down on his own. :arghh: I debated on giving him some Insulin this morning, but I decided that I wouldn't be home enough today. ... and I just can't decide what makes the most sense since I am leaving town on Wednesday, March 6 and then I won't be back until the 16th.

He is pretty much a feral cat around anyone but me and there is no way that my cat-sitter could test or give Insulin. She usually doesn't even see him. So should I even try giving him a few tiny doses now? Or hold off until I am back in town?

There is no indication that he isn't feeling well. He has no teeth, so I can rule out dental problems. His gums look fine from what I can tell. He is eating well. I feed everyone a combination of Friskies and Fancy Feast (we just go back and forth since they like variety) and I have cut out the Tiny Tiger food. It is certainly possible that something about the food has changed, but Walter's numbers have been pretty steady and he is eating the same food. This is just so frustrating! :arghh:

Emma is slowly improving. Her head tilt is still really pronounced, but her stomach has settled and she has been eating small meals of A/D food and keeping that down. So that's really good news. The recovery will take time, but at least she's moving in the right direction.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about Mandarin. I hope his numbers come back down soon. I'm glad Emma is showing some improvement. Sending prayers.

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Christina, I am sorry about Mandarin. How very frustrating for you! Maybe his pancreas just needs a wee bit more help...why don't you give him a wee dose, maybe .10u for the few days before your holidays? Maybe it will be enough to push him back into remission (paws crossed)!