3/1 Uncle AMPS 79, +1.5 131, +4 74, +120, PMPS 130, +183, +2 161, +6 183

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barbara & Uncle (GA), Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-27-uncle-amps-208-2-139-4-5-110-pmps-173.173941/

Yesterday was a blur of pinks and yellows for Uncle. Still not a great appetite. It's very up and down. He seems uncomfortable after he eats and looks kind of like what people her refer to as "meatloafing". Still won't touch his raw food. I'm feeding him Weruva and Instinct canned food in the meantime. I haven't looked into the phosphorus content of them yet and hoping to get him back on raw as soon as possible.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Well he's sure had a pretty day, number wise!!

Hope he starts to feel better soon....does he seem to tense up or cry when you squeeze on his abdomen or pick him up? Pancreatitis is one of the complications that tends to follow our diabetic kitties around pretty closely and it's very painful

3. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Yes, nice numbers, I wish we could enjoy them more, I;m worried about him. He does tense and cry when I pick him up, but he has been doing that for years! I'm not sure what to think. Would pancreatitis have shown up on the most recent blood work last week?

4. Chris & China (GA)

No.....the test for pancreatitis is a specific test.....there's a Snap test that can be done in the office which will say "yes/no" but to see how bad it is, they have to send a sample to the lab for a Spec FPL

5. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

His stomach is really gurgley and I have been feeding him a few different things to get him eating again so maybe it's that.
    When does a person know if it's time to take their cat in to check for pancreatitis? Of all the cat things I've dealt with over the years, that's never been one of them. I see it discussed here all the time though and I don't much like the sound of it..

6. Chris & China (GA)

Is he still eating well? Most of the times, they lose their appetite too

I've been lucky in this area too....China's never had any problems with it (anti-jinx) so I'm not an expert like some people here are....You might want to edit your subject line and add "Pancreatitis questions"

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  7. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Yes, he's still eating. Sometimes he'll finish his food but very slowly, sometimes he'll only eat half. Like I said, won't touch anything that has the raw he's used to in it, so I've given up on that for the time being and gone all canned. Honestly that may not be agreeing with his stomach, not sure. He just isn't interested in food like he has been all his life. Something is definitely wrong. If it's pancreatitis, I want to treat it as soon as possible!
    Good idea about changing the subject line

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you can find out what's bothering Uncle. I hope his appy picks up. Sending prayers.

9. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Very nice numbers. Sorry about the appy. If he is eating and drinking that is a good thing. Pancreatitis treatment could include AB and fluids. I am trying to get Gizmo through without going to the vet. Are you treating for pain? Food should be ok for Phos-those are what I am feeding.

I had Gizmo on raw until last years flare and switched back to FF to get him to eat (Phos wasn't a concern then). I never went back to it. Too many issues with raw with him.

:bighug:

I believe @tiffmaxee is very knowledgeable on pancreatitis. Tagging her for any advise she may have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.