3.10 Nelli +4.5 133; PMPS 284

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Nelli yesterday
    Yes, I am in the 9th month here in LL land. I shouldnt be asking, should be able to see- to know by now.
    But I don’t. So I (risk and) ask...
    Would someone please look over Nelli SS and help me to see what is going on with her- over past week or so.
    Not that is really matters (it is| will be) I’d just like to better understand and maybe get confirmation on what I’m thinking.

2. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

I don’t feel qualified to give you any advice even though I’ve been here for 13 months, except that this is the 10th not the 17th. :p

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

If Nelli is constipated that can raise her BG numbers. It looks like she has bounced from the 92 on March 7 and hasn't gotten back to green. With the constipation, it can be hard to see what is going on with her numbers. I hope you can find something that helps her poop regularly and her numbers come back down. She may head down today. Sending prayers.

Don't feel bad about asking for help. Sometimes it's hard to see what is going on with your own cat. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  4. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Carla :) @carfurby.
    I am going to get some beet fiber, rice bran and pumpkin. I will try one for a few days to see how it goes then another one- even if first one goes well… And then the third one.
    I think rotating these extra fiber sources may be a good plan. We have all heard that old cliche, that variety is the spice of life, and there is no reason to think otherwise for gut bacteria?!
    Thanks for sharing your insight on what might be going on with her spreadsheet :bighug:, and your kind words :bighug:

5. Krystina & Nelli

OOPS, thank God is only the 10th:D :)

Jill & Scooter likes this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Make sure you add them slowly, you don't want the opposite to happen.

tiffmaxee and Krystina & Nelli like this.
  7. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks, yes :woot:
    I am using information learned at www.felineconstipation.org.
    What an excellent resource for feline constipation!

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I agree with Carla about the constipation playing havoc with the numbers and now she is bouncing from March 7th's greens.

When you first start with adding the fiber, it might take a few days to see any result. I think you are smart to stay with one for a while or you won't really know which one is working if you rotate them daily.

9. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope those fibers help little Nelli !

10. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I read Nelli wasn't eating well for a while but I hope you're not letting her eat any dry food now? Everything I've read about dry food is not good for her BG. Did you ever read Dr. Pierson's sticky note about why not to feed dry?
    I've seen several cats go into remission just by stopping all dry food.

I've been using SEB for all 3 of my cats. For them it works great to keep them pooping. ( I take it myself for Reflux or Heartburn.) https://draxe.com/slippery-elm/

Best of Luck to you with Nelli! :):bighug:

11. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I wonder about the carb content in the beet fibre and rice bran??
    I've seen folk use a small amount of pumpkin and that doesn't appear to affect the BG, but don't know about the other two.

I think you said that you add water to her food, make sure to keep that up especially if you start adding more fibre to her diet, you need to make sure she has enough water to keep her stools soft.

If she is not pooping that can certainly be affecting her BG, when did she last poop?
    Also if she is in discomfort and has inflammation with her Arthritis that might be affecting her numbers too.

I agree that she may have bounced of the 90's if she doesn't get back to green tonight I might think about taking the dose up to 2.25 tomorrow morning,(she will have had 8 cycles on this dose) though if she happens to be low in the morning you may want to give her a couple more cycles just in case.

It's really hard to read your spreadsheet, we can't see the notes on any of the cells or the remarks. To correct this so we can see your notes
    • if you click on the square above the 1 and to the left of the A it will highlight the whole of your spreadsheet,
    • with it all highlighted, click on Format,
    • then from the drop down list select Text Wrapping
    • and then select Wrap

12. Bobbie And Bubba

I wondered about those too. Beet has a lot of sugar and bran is a carb. I think I would stick with just pumpkin. The felinediabetic.org probably wasn't written with diabetic cats in mind.

When I was giving it to Bubba, I saw no difference in his BGs. I am afraid that the BGs would hike up with the two other ones.

Gill & George likes this.
  13. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks, thank you Gill, @Gill & George :bighug:. I don’t know how this happened I must have been fooling around with the SS, why I don’t know because I don’t understand any Excel formulas :eek:
    I know it’s disabling not only to others, it’s disabling to me too. I posted on Main Forum today asking for help with this… Thank you so much for your instructions I will go to SS right now and fix :)

14. Krystina & Nelli

I know... I juice :). Beet pulp not so much...
    “beet pulp itself is low in sugar and other non-structural carbohydrates, but high in energy and fiber”...
    Didn’t occur to me Rice bran= not good :woot:. Thank for heads up, expressing concern @Gill & George, @Bobbie And Bubba :bighug:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  15. Krystina & Nelli

16. Krystina & Nelli

Got all highlighted :)... where is “Format” o_O

17. Bobbie And Bubba

When I try to blow up the photo, it is blurry. How much is a serving?

ETA: Is this the beet pulp? Interesting that the pulp is lower in sugars, good to know.

18. Krystina & Nelli

Looks like 2tsp.
    I’ll get better info tomorrow ;)
    Yes this is beet pulp, powdered- with verify this tomorrow as well :)

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  19. Krystina & Nelli

@Gill & George figured out where- went to help and support... Wrap text is on (green)?
    Now what :eek:

20. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Pumpkin didn’t effect Max’s bg. I gave him a teaspoon once each day and at times twice a day mixed in his food. Hope it helps. I also at times gave him Miralax.

21. Krystina & Nelli

Nelli has been exclusively on a Raw diet since brought into my life- 8.5 years. Prior 10+ years she was (allowed to be) a cat, hunted her prey :cat:
    Thanks for your concern :bighug:

22. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I'm following this very interesting thread. So much to learn; SEB is not enough?

23. Krystina & Nelli

Pumpkin on grocery list! Should I split the tsp up over 2-3 meals?

24. Bobbie And Bubba

Apparently not. I give my two cats SEB twice a day with Aloe Vera Juice ( George's brand) AND Bubba gets 1/8 tsp of miralax twice a day. Constipation in cats is an ongoing, ever changing problem it seems. :rolleyes:

25. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

On the SS I saw "trouble getting Nelli to eat anything except F Kibbles" 1/26
    I thought she was eating dry food at times

26. Bobbie And Bubba

When I was giving it to Bubba, ( and I might start it up again ) I was giving him 1 tsp in his morning meal. If you find that she detects it in the food and won't eat it, then try splitting it up.

27. Krystina & Nelli

Good question!
    I had been religiously (ok, almost every day) giving Nelli SEB syrup I would make, for days if not a few weeks, before the constipation became bad problem?
    I am not going to discontinue this if for no other reason it is good for many other things, such as acid reflux, gastrointestinal track health, etc :)

28. Krystina & Nelli

Oh, ok... if I needed to give HC I’d give her Farmina Quiona Digestion, which is a dry.
    Sorry about that-
    was only thinking (when you asked), about a meal of :eek:
    Thanks for your interest in Nelli :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  29. Krystina & Nelli

@Marje and Gracie Marje, will you please try to fix Nelli SS when you have a chance?
    The cells are not visually expanding the text, in notes?
    Most recently, yesterday’s notes dropped down into today... cannot write notes for today :(

30. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Sorry Krystina to interfere !!
    I started Miralax (different brand name in Canada) once a day, I'm afraid of twice a day if she doesn't drink enough; tried pumpkin in her food she won't eat it; so I bought "Organic herbal tea - Slippery elm" the only ingredient is organic slippery elm bark in powder. Can we just sprinkle on food? and how much?

31. tiffmaxee

I would divide it between breakfast and dinner. You will be able to tell howitz doing by the stool . I’m starting to give a little to my twoyou g ones. Because one sometimes throws up fur. The bone in the raw can be constipating.

32. tiffmaxee

Try a different brand of pumpkin. My older cats didn’t like organic but ate Libby’s. Just put a tiny amount in regular food, add a little water, and mix well. My young ones are fine with it. I hope they always have a big appy.

33. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Willow has more motility issues than constipation issues now....she'll go a day or two with little to no poops, then clear out either over a day or two, or in bits over the next few days. She never has a big, normal BM anymore, the biggest is maybe 4 to 5 inches long, but more commonly 2 to 3 inches at at time. I record the total inches per day so I have an idea if she's backing up or not so I know to adjust dose of something, since she doesn't show much discomfort/straining or the like, she just doesn't poop.

She's on clearlax (miralax) 1/4 tsp twice daily, though she's been on it up to 4 times daily in the past. I'm finding too much can make her poops too soft, still formed but soft and sticky, so when that starts I cut back.
    She gets 1/2 tsp pumpkin twice daily, she's been on more but this seems to be working for now. She loves it! Will eat from a spoon as a treat :)
    I've recently started SEB powder, sprinkle 1/8 tsp on a meal and mix it in, twice daily....I'm hoping this is helping, she seems to be pooping more regularly but that may just be a phase.
    I also started egg yolk powder since that's supposed to help motility, but keeping that at 1/8 tsp twice daily now.

It's constantly fine-tuning and adjusting, it's all we can do. I'd rather keep her off prescription meds if I can keep her moving comfortably and somewhat regularly without.

You do a great job with Nelli, she seems to be such a sweetie :)

With love, Nikki

34. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

35. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Now nothing, it's fine I can see all the notes easily now, thanks for doing that.

36. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Hi, the clearlax does draw water from the body into the stool, softening the stool. I add extra water to all of Willow's meals, so they're fairly soupy. She get's fed *many* small meals through the day and night, my feeding/supplement schedule is at the top of my SS, so she does get a *lot* of extra water. I find the clearlax definitely softens her stool, so if it's getting a bit too soft I cut back on it.

I do also give SEB, though not in the same meal and not at the same time. SEB should be given at least 2 hours from any other supplement/med, because it can interefere with the absorption/action of that supplement.

I hope this helps! With love, Nikki

37. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Fixed the cells with the BG issues. That should have also worked on Remarks but it didn’t. I ran out of time to fix that part today and both my kitties are having dentals tomorrow so it might be Tues before I can fix the Remarks. Sorry.....it’s something weird that I’ve never seen before. It wasn’t/isn’t a text wrapping issue.

Gill & George likes this.
  38. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Couldn't it be the : ROW HEIGHT, RESIZE and FIT TO DATA ?

39. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks @Marje and Gracie. Thanks for fixing BG issues (didn’t think I had any?). Only when convenient; you have time on REMARKS fix.
    I have temporarily rigged this by decreasing font size :p.
    Hope the kitties dental go well today :)

40. Krystina & Nelli

Nelli too. Do not think dehydration has anything to do with this. No diarrhea, rarely has/was throwing up

41. Krystina & Nelli

???
    I don’t know... what I do believe is that Marje knows Excel very well ;)!?!

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  42. Krystina & Nelli

DANG, Iforgot about this!
    I had given her, maybe 30-45 min before, Metoclopermide :(... this is the Motility drug.

nslade001 likes this.
  43. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

If you want to try it, it's easy. You select one row, let's say row 72; you right click on that row, select RESIZE NOW and select FIT TO DATA.

44. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I can only say what is working to keep Ollie moving which isn't as much as I think she should but we are still working on it.

She gets 1/2 tsp miralax in Am +2 meal and 1/4 tsp in pm +2 meal. This has her go every 2 days (better than 5-6 days she was going). Libby's brand pumpkin (won't touch organic or store brand) I don't measure it out I give a dollop depending on size of meal she gets. I'm not to good at remembering to use it (I need to get better at that). I'm running out of meals to put stuff in. I have lactulose on its way so hoping it gets here fast. I have to talk with vet on next visit about cisipride.

45. Marje and Gracie

Did that already. It didn’t work in the Remarks.:confused:

46. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

That's bizarre !! so when you select the entire whole row, right click on that row and select Resize now and if you select "fit to data", it will not resize that row ?? If not, can you resize the row by just specifying a specific row height?

I've worked with Excel all my life and formatting problems are normally easy to solve as you know, so I'm getting curious about the solution to that one ... Let me know if you have a chance. Tks

47. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Lyana :) @Ti-Mousse... EYE have a problem with that- don’t own a PC (with mouse) cannot right click :(. Own only an iPad and a Chromebook. No external key pay on iPad although the chromebook does have a keyboard... if possible, don’t know how to right click? I’ll call ASUS (still under warranty and service :).
    I wonder if I can go to A FexEx Kinkos (they have PCs you can use) if I can access my SS? This is all rather confusing to me, as Marje well knows!
    Just thought of this- Marje has editing rights, she could potentially do the right click thing!?

48. Marje and Gracie

While this appears to be Excel, it’s not exactly the same. It’s google sheets. It’s much more temperamental. I have years of experience with it. :) I’ll be sure and let you know how I was able to fix it. I appreciate it! :bighug:

49. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

I fixed it for her this morning and her SS is OK now! I don't know why, but it had fixed row height... It's going to save you this :) Hope kitties are going well after dental !!

Marje and Gracie likes this.