? 3/11 Belle, AMPS 243 (AT2), PMPS 261 (AT2)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by icesnow, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icesnow

icesnow Well-Known Member

yesterdays post http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-10-belle-amps-284-pmps-217.192384/

AMPS 9am, BG 243 (AT2)
    0.5u

IMG_4871.jpg

Yes, i prepared a list this morning to collect the info, they do use Alpha track 2 as expected. although i gave them my meter and asked them to use my meter . but there are so many different ppl working on him, n it seems like they don't communicate very well with each other. i should have written everything down, which i thought they written down during the in-take process.
    they also fed him the wrong food last night too.

i asked if i could test is BG and give the shots myself, but they won't let me do it (cos they charge it for everytime they do it)
    they even gave his insulin 3 hrs early last night (cos they know i want to come in to give him his shot)

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  2. icesnow

i brought in some boiled chicken breast earlier today, and he ate most of it.
    i was gonna mix it with the can food, but it took them forever to bring the can food.

i was actually waiting in the lobby for almost an hour, and gets to see him for about only 5 minutes

Dyana likes this.
  3. icesnow

thanks ! let me know your paypal ID and amount, i will pay u back

with the messages/comments these couple days, i got lost of who was saying about which of the anti-nausea med

Yes, i already visited him earlier today, waited in the lobby for almost an hour . then they unhook him from IV and put him in a room, so the visit was very brief, cos i dont want him to be off IV for too long. i was with him for about 5 minutes and feed him some boiled chicken breast (they were suppose to bring his other food, but it took forever)

i will go visit Belle again later on this evening, they are allow only 2 visits per day, and each has a time limit too.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Dyana likes this.
  4. icesnow

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

says this is for warts?

and sucrose is an ingredient which is a form of sugar. I would say No.

icesnow likes this.
  6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

That's wonderful that he ate most of the chicken you brought him.
    Did you bring him something that smells like home? I think visiting him really helps, as it did my boy. :bighug::bighug:
    I will send out a box to you, tomorrow.

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Belle. Thuja can be used if a cat has a reaction to a vaccine. I don't think it would help right now. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

icesnow likes this.
  8. icesnow

I only bought a small amount of chicken, so even he ate most of it, it is still very little. i was gonna mix it with his food.
    still a good sign that he ate them.
    but i will bring more chicken this evening. hopefully he can eat more.
    they wouldn't let me go back to his cage area, so i don't know how he was doing back there, and how many times they are feeding him, and if he finish his meals.
    but he's being transfer back to be hospitalize at reg vet tomorrow morning.

9. icesnow

i actually already bought it, i can donate to other cat that needs it

10. icesnow

Visited Belle again

they said they tested his BG @ 8pm, BG 261 on AT2
    and they said the doctor has given instruction not to give him insulin becos he was low today

tried to feed him, but he didn't eat much

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Wow their policies are strict. If you have to move him back there in the future, I’d ask if they can put you in a spare exam room with him. Crazy they won’t let you give the insulin.

I hope the transfer is better for you both. They should be able to just disconnect the IV line while leaving the part that is in his arm there and taped and capped so the regular vet doesn’t have to poke another new needle in his paw for the IV.

12. icesnow

yes, they did put him in a spare exam room with me, but he had to be disconnected from IV
    and his stuffs are not there, so i can't get to his food, and if they bring his food, they forgot the forti-flora, so i can't really get him to eat either. i offered him so chicken again, he ate only a very little, unlike this afternoon which he ate a lot more.

the transfer will be back to reg vet, but not 24-hr, just becos it is cheaper. but i hvn't really got a chance to talk to them to arrange for it.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I've heard of some people who transfer their cat to their regular vet during the day and then to the 24 hour vet during the night, back and forth, to save some money.

Are they giving him any medications, like anti-nausea meds? I don't know if Cerenia or Ondansetron are okay for cats with CKD. Please ask the vet.

I will put your box in the mail today, but I am across the country, so it may not get there until Friday, or Saturday.

Sending continued healing vines to Belle.
    Eat your food, Belle.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Dyana. I would ask for cerenia and ondansetron to be given in combo. They work nausea from different modalities. Many vets are not familiar with ondansetron or that you can give cerenia daily for an extended period of time. However, with Belle’s P levels were they are, I can guarantee he has nausea and that might be why he doesn’t want to eat.

Let us know if you need dosing guidelines. Many, many vines for Belle and hugs for you, Helena.

You can also take what you need to feed him from home so you don’t have to worry about what they do or don’t bring to a room. How odd they disconnect his IV line. I just wonder why they can’t hook the bag on a rolling IV stand. It won’t hurt him to be off the fluids for the short time you visit, though.

Be sure you keep an eye on his paw where the catheter is inserted. For my one kitty who was in the hospital with higher renal values than Belle, his paw with the catheter got very swollen. They said it would be fine but I insisted they move it to the other paw and they did. That let the first one have a break and “heal”.

15. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Still sending vines and hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I didn't get the ondansetron in the mail today. I will do it first thing in the morning. Hopefully it will be there weds or thurs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.