3/12 Asia AMPS 267, +8 109, +10 135, PMPS 165

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-11-asia-amps-274.192407/

No green last night, only almost green. Another yellow preshot. All I see is a higher overall profile on this reduction. Asia has been pretty snoozy, probably from the extended yellows yesterday. A weird note, Asia has been less hungry with higher numbers? She’s eating fine and everything, just goes to the food bowl less frequently. Maybe she was regulating the action with food herself when she was in greens, wouldn’t that be clever? I don’t know, but it is interesting to note.

Off to appts with DD.

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Asia slides down for you today. Interesting about the food. I hope your DD's appointments go well.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Vines to your DD!
    Come on Asia, show us some blue!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

She sure did give a nice blue run last night with an almost green. Looking like another flattish yellow cycle today. :confused: Maybe with the BCS and the reduction she will take an extra cycle or two to make her say back in to a green. You'll know soon if you need to take her back up again. If you do, maybe a Fat 1 unit.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

That certainly is suggestive! It makes sense. She'd surely be aware of the changes in her body, and responsive to them.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  6. Stacy & Asia

What confuses me is, with increases, you’re supposed to give them time to settle in, but with reductions, you are supposed to increase right away when you see the numbers trending up and not wait for things to settle. Unless there’s a bounce happening, of course, but Asia isn’t bouncing as far as I can tell. o_O

The only reason I haven’t done is because the BCS to drain the depot, it would take time for the depot to refill. But knowing my cat, nothing will happen here without a jumpstart.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I think she was bouncing but it looks like she's done bouncing. She's trying with that blue today, but just can't quite get there. I would increase unless she throws you a green between now and PMPS.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  8. Stacy & Asia

Depending on the preshot, which I should know shortly, I think I’m going to increase to 1.25. I know 1.25 is too much, unless something has changed since the last time, and I likely will only do that for a cycle and then drop her back to a 1.25 skinny or a fat 1 (same thing). I don’t think a fat 1 will be enough to get her going in the right direction, even though it should be a good after. She does well with the jump starts, it works for her, and I haven’t found a better way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.