3/12 Ravan/amps83/+2 70/+4 55/+8 89/pmps84/+4 61/+7 78/+10 97/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Mar 12, 2019.

1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you reducing the dose? Ravan does keep you guessing. :bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. JoyBee&Ravan

I'm still using the calipers I borrowed,so I think I will reduce this morning.
    When he keeps dropping so low I give him a little FF higher carbs. He's gained a little weight over the months & I know that's not Healthy.
    I just posted an article on the Main Forum about how detrimental it is to our kitties health for them to be overweight.

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Ravan, hope the reducie works better.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. JoyBee&Ravan

Do you think it's SAFE for your vet to perform a Cystocentesis?
    http://journals.tubitak.gov.tr/veterinary/issues/vet-18-42-5/vet-42-5-13-1802-11.pdf

Bladder Lacerations,Hematoma,Mucosal detachment ,Blood clots These are some of the things I read . Often they are NOT reported,especially in cats!

Ravan had a cystocentesis performed by a Vet filling in when my regular vet was on vacation.The guy used an ultrasound but still poked Ravan in the bladder 3 times! Ravan was "screaming" & struggling.

When I brought him home he laid on the cold cement floor spread out so his stomach touched the floor. Every time he peed he did that. When I told my vet he said it wasn't caused by the Cysto. I like my vet but they all stick up for each other &
    there's no way to prove the Cysto hurt him.
    Shortly after, Ravan started leaking urine. I brought him to the vet & he was thoroughly examined. I was told it was from Old age,nothing to do with the Cysto.

Including my cats now, I've had 18 in my life. Some lived over 20 years, Daisy 23 yrs. I have never had any of them leak urine.

Ravan was diagnosed with stage 2 Kidney disease. He's been doing well but several days ago he started leaking urine more than ever. And drinking water & peeing more. Usually when his BG is in low numbers he does NOT leak urine at all.

He also started having seizures 4 months ago. 3 so far. I don't know of any of this is from the vets mistakes but I think about it.

We are their Voice,their protectors. We need to speak up & ask questions & sometimes say NO to a procedure that might hurt them. I will always regret I let that Vet do the Cysto. It wasn't necessary. I could have gotten a urine sample myself.

• A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

If that many Humans die every year from Medical mistakes. How many animals die from mistakes????

6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice cycle so far Ravan but no need to go any lower!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Raven is a long term diabetic. So unless Raven went under 50 three times on three different days or under 40 once I would hold this dose. He is looking good.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. JoyBee&Ravan

I'm very worried. When his BG goes under 200 he stops leaking urine & drinks & pees less. For 2 days now he is leaking urine worse than ever & is constantly thirsty. He is at the water bowl everytime I look. EVen though his BG is low.

I did lower his dose a bit ( I'm still using the borrowed calipers) because I am having trouble getting up all night. I feel awful & have developed a twitch in my right eye. The lack of sleep is catching up with me.If I wasn't getting up feeding him every few hrs I'm sure he'd be dropping even lower.
    I don't even leave the house when he goes down this low. I haven't been to Yoga or anywhere & my body feels it!!:arghh:

I am aware of the 3 times below 50 . If he starts going back up I'll go back to the "good" dose.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

So that is a good thing right? So, he is not leaking and not drinking as much? Or am I reading this wrong?

I understand that the lower numbers make you worried. It took me a while to have Bubba in greens under 100 the whole cycle and to be able to leave the house. After you get enough data with those numbers you will get more comfortable.

Yoga! I miss it. I have a CD that I do at home ( but haven't in a while....) I need to get back to it. I need it!

10. JoyBee&Ravan

He's leaking & drinking MORE even though his BG is low:banghead: