3/13 Carbon AMPS 377 +4 334

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by mialia, Mar 13, 2019.

1. mialia

mialia Member

Last thread: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/carbon-3-8-amps-467-3-hi-question.211670/#post-2347235

I've just increased his dose. I'm trying to follow the german method to the best I can. Because I travel for a living, though, it isn't easy and I have to modify it. Add in that I came home yesterday with my own fever and death plague... Now per the german method I should be increasing by .5 but at the level he is now, he was crashing before I did a 7 day vacation dose at .5. So I know assuming similar pancreatic function, he isn't far off. Also, next time I'm home without the fever I'm going to take him to his vet to start the treatment for hypertyroidism. The other vet wanted to wait two months but I think this month is plenty to see a trend. He's still eating WAY more and not gaining weight so I think the diagnosis is accurate.

I wish signatures allowed my space so I could put my faq in there. I fly for a living, so I'm gone for days. I have a roommate that does shots when I'm gone. She pretests but I don't have her test in between, which means dose adjustments have to be timed such that I have a day at home to do a curve, change the dose, and two days to curve after. My schedule isn't always on point. With a better roommate I could do curves but she is not that. I just got a new roommate but sadly, she's not working out well. I came home last night after being gone only two nights and his favorite water bowl was empty. (He has four other sources of water) When I told her we were increasing his dose to 1.5 (That's three of the tiny lines, I said) she replied, "that's what we've been doing!". Great. So he should have been 1.25 and now I don't know where he has been. When I clarified it should have been below that third line she said, "Oh that's what I meant"....

If she can get me through april, though, I'll have a chance to find a better roommate without the caveat of someone having to move out for April (I rent my house out during a major festival in town - I make nearly 10K for three weekends and is the reason I bought in this location so it's hard to not do it. I won't rent it next year unless I move and it's a full time rental house. It's too hard with a sugar cat. He wasn't diagnosed when I first rented it for this year). Sadly her abusive ex told her "mialia will get sick of her **** and kick her out" (he and I worked together, part of why I asked her to move in. He's trash). I can't let him be right but I CAN bring in a third roommate. Plus her constant talk of going back to him, and about to lose her job, I may have an easy out. It's a tough sell to get someone to move in to take care of the cats - I give them stupid low rent in a large house with laundry, huge kitchen, a pool and hot tub, on a golf course, so I did find good candidates last round.

Hell, I joke that I need to date to find a man that will move in and feel obligated to help me :) but did I mention my schedule above? "Hey new man, we can go on a date the third thursday of next month but I have to be home by 5 pm because I have a 4 am show time the next day."

He is surviving, progress is slow and of course I'm terrified that because I'm doing it this way I missed any chance of remission, but he's alive, overall healthy, and happy which is the bottom line.