3/13 Silver AMPS 223 +5=247 +7=236 +9=194 +11=194 PMPS 261 +4=216

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Not too bad of a start. :bighug:

Juliet likes this.
  4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

It's over 200. Higher than usual. I'm discouraged that the higher dose hasn't brought him down. Maybe it needs more time.

5. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Well most folks don't pop in any more so I'm glad of any help you can give. If I've gone too far how would I know and what would I do?

He's even higher at +5.

What concerns me is that he is doing reverse curves. His preshots are low enough then he goes up and stays up until coming back down to same number at Amps for pmps. I don't know what to do and I feel very much on my own.

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Answering on today's post instead of yesterday's

Jones does some reverse curves. It is usually a bounce. That said, sometimes with the Friskies I get a bump up that seems to last.

ETA - I believe I get a bit of a bump from the pred as well.

7. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I could understand a bounce but this is every day. Could he be bouncing daily? So he's on too high a dose then? I've been feeling he's too high for ages but don't know what to do.

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Too high of a dose looks like to low of dose.

To me he looks like he is bouncing from yesterday's AM cycle. But then when I look on the curves on the 3rd and the 10th it look like not enough insulin.

9. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

i would say that you've been doing this incrementally as per protocol so you just need to continue this course. If you can manage it, try to get a random test in the times that you don't normally do so.
    Is Silver on pred?

Tracey&Jones (GA) and Juliet like this.
  10. Juliet

Juliet Guest

So what do I do?

11. Juliet

Juliet Guest

No he's not on anything. I'm off sick today hence me getting a couple extra tests in. Thanks for commenting in his condo.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  12. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

Stay with the protocol.

Has Silver ever had a dental?

Juliet likes this.
  13. Juliet

Juliet Guest

He hasn't but I'm barely affording the diabetes supplies. I have no money for dental. I'm still paying off two vet loans from last visits. Vet didn't say his teeth were bad at last check up in October. He doesn't seem to eat as if mouth sore.

14. Juliet

Juliet Guest

DCIN have been helping with supplies as things are that tight.

15. Tracey&Jones (GA)

My 6 year old civvie went from not bad/looks good last year to 3 teeth being pulled due to absorption and cavities. She never once showed she was in pain or stopped eating.

I know Jones could use a cleaning for sure but he hasn't been classed stable enough by the vets until recently. That said, sometimes you can't do everything you want to do.

I am glad Rhionnon gave some advice because I am confused on what Silver is doing.

PussCatPrince - GA and Juliet like this.
  16. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I wish I could take him for a dental to rule that out but I truly can't. Absolutely no $$

17. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

numbers can often get stuck a bit when teeth are starting to become an issue....
    meanwhile, you just stick with the incremental increases....

sometimes, insulin needs just change.... it never really settles in and stays stable.
    sometimes foods change without our catching it..... plus those carb values are an estimate, some cans can be a bit higher, some lower..... (that would only apply if he's carb sensitive)

but they won't necessarily have trouble eating when teeth become an issue.... mine did just fine and she had resorptive lesions....
    what gave it away for her was she wanted her jaw scritched all the time.... and she would chatter her teeth as if she was watching a bird out the window when I scratched her jawline.

He is at the age where he will likely need a dental down the road so after you pay off the debt, try to start saving up.....

18. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

I understand the no $

I've had to learn to not adopt more pets so I can set money aside for these future needs with the current pets.

19. Juliet

Juliet Guest

That will take years. Longer than his lifetime. Only way I can afford a dental is if I get a windfall or left $$.

20. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

21. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I won't have cats again after these two. I love them to bits but can't take the emotional stress when they are sick. I can't bear to lose them. They have been in my life since 5 weeks old. Now 12.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  22. Juliet

Juliet Guest

That may happen tho. My mom is breaking up a family trust so if it's enough then that will be first on the list. Wouldn't a dental mess up his numbers? He was on steroids - pred I think for a week and that lost him his remission. Vet wrongly thought he had IBD.

23. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Doing his usual inverted curve by the looks of it.

24. Juliet

Juliet Guest

No change at +11. Fed him early and will test and shoot in an hour.

25. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Usual high food spike up 57pts. Gave shot without food so hopefully +2 won't be food influenced and will be lower.

26. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

dentals usually get them back where they need to be. Just look at China, I don't know if she has the longest run of FD before remission.

And he's likely to get back to remission....
    pred will knock them out... but so will needing a dental.... or other brewing medical conditions ....

my own belief is that the diabetes comes first, then it may be a few years, but there is something that isn't presenting itself fully yet....
    just my own humble opinion....

Juliet likes this.
  27. Juliet

Juliet Guest

He did just have a check up. I'll take him back in a few months when he's due his next one. Nothing untoward showed up. He's still a young cat yet.

I'm in no doubt that as he ages then illnesses may appear. I won't put him through a tonne of treatment when and if that happens just to keep him with me tho.

28. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Don't see any numbers he could be bouncing from so these yellows are a disappointment.

29. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I pop in Juliet. You're one of us.
    I just don't have too much wisdom or certainty re. all these things.

Juliet likes this.
  30. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Support is good. Nice to see you in here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.