3/13 Vyktor PMPS 124 +2.5 76 +3.5 74 / Purrdy PMPS 182 +3 133 +4 106 +5 108

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vyktors Mum, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Last time, swimming with the mermaids

Vyktor
    AMPS 173 +3 95 :D +4 97 :D +5 77 :D +6 86 :D +8 77 :D
    PMPS 148 +2 130 +4 85 :D +6.25 83:D

After his depot reduction shot Vyktor went off the boil for a full 5 cycles while his depot refilled (I guess that shows his little pancreas is still sound asleep :() and then on the 6th cycle earned another decrease fair and square with a drop into the 30s and quite the 40s/50s surf. He dropped back into the 40s with a 50s surf the next day just to make sure I'd got the message - I had to take some leave on Thurs/Fri to keep up with him. I am very fortunate that work is amenable to me putting Vyktor first, and that his little ears hold up so well - boy did he get some testing those days!

He looks like he's settling down a bit now, hopefully he can hold the reduction (to 1.75u) after the dust settles.

@Gill & George I did have him booked in for the vet on Friday but he threw a spanner in the works with his numbers (well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;)) so I cancelled. The main problem was unexplained loss of regulation, possibly to do with his teeth, so while he's back on track my view is the potential benefits don't outweigh the risks.

Purrdy - s/sheet
    AMPS 171 +3.5 115 :cool: +6 128 +7.5 158 +17.75 191

Purrdy got a Springsteen shot last night as Mum had a wedding to attend. Looks like his giant depot has been his friend but I guess we'll expect some turbulence in the next few days.

Just before he was looking down the barrel of an increase but the threat worked and he hit greens on his last chance cycle. Hopefully he gets back there soon, Mum was not at all keen on another increase, he's chewing through a pen cartridge every 10 days as it is...

sarahtee likes this.
  2. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

Phew! You sure do have your hands full! I hope Vyktors reducie works out for you. I "recently" had kitty hit the 30s one night. Clearly she wanted to save her momma bean some money by sticking to a lower dose ;)

Thanks for the update yesterday on Purrdy. Sorry to hear that the resistance hasn't been broken yet. But geez, you mom has some balls of steal huh? Maybe I can borrow one for when I shoot kitty :cat:

jayla-n-Drevon and Vyktors Mum like this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Vyktor keeps surfing on the reduced dose. Nice that your work is so understanding. I hope Purrdy gets right back on track.

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Vyktor is working that juice! I hope his mouth is feeling OK and his appy is decent, too. I agree about the vetty - you really have to pick and choose sometimes. Trix tends to get so sick post-vetty that I won't take her anymore unless it is absolutely necessary. With this new tactic, we haven't had to go in a year! Not ideal for many cats, but for her, it works.

I am in dire need of a "Springsteen shot" myself these days! He was in the area in February (shockingly for only 1 day - very unusual for Jersey!!), but I actually had to pass - with my Dad's health being a bit shaky, things were too unpredictable at that point in time. Hopefully Bruce will resurface soon...it's been far too long!

5. Amy&TrixieCat

PS...Springsteen shot from the last time I saw him....yes, I was really THAT close (Sorry it's upside down...I don't think I can fix that)!

BodySurfingBruce.JPG

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Serryn :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Great WCR for both kitties. :cool::cat: Keep those greens coming guys. Well Purrdy, how about a few more. Surf well both of you!

7. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Vyktor, my man. What a nice sight for my first condo surfing. Lots of love for that boy, you know.

Purrdy....ease up. Or down.

Marilyn and Polly

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  8. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hope the reduction holds. Makes sense not to put him through vetty intervention if he doesn't really need it, that's kind of where we are with George's teeth too.
    Hope Purdy keeps working that juice for your DM and avoids a dosecrease.
    :)

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Looks like Purdy and Bubba must have had a chat about waiting till the 6th cycle to hit the greens. Crazy these cats.

What is a Springsteen shot?

And Vyktor! How dramatic with the drop on the 6th cycle. Congrats on the reducie.:cat:

10. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Earlier today:

Vyktor
    AMPS 155 +3 113 :cool: +5 65:D +6 76:D +7.5 79:D +9 74:D

Purrdy
    AMPS 160 +3 180 +6.25 128

@Amy&TrixieCat I was trying to look at the pic on my ipad but of course every time I turned the ipad upside down it turned the picture upside down. I must be tired because I tried about a dozen times before I realised it wasn't going to happen lol. I'm surprised you didn't faint being so close - oh hang on , maybe you did and that's why the shot is upside down ;)

@Bobbie And Bubba before Trixie was OTJ about the only time Amy would skip a shot was when Bruce Springsteen was in town, so I call a shot missed for a special occasion a Springsteen shot.

RIP Thabbo:rb_icon:

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  11. Bobbie And Bubba

Funny!

Gill & George likes this.
  12. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

looks like is holding!!!

13. Amy&TrixieCat

I don't know why there is that problem with photo orientation these days...I have the same issue on other sites, too, and I have yet to figure out why.

I've actually been even closer....front row, elbows on the stage (and there are videos on YouTube where you can see DH and I). I could have put my hand on the stage and had my fingers crushed by Bruce's boot (which had a very cool tread on it)! Man, I need a concert...it's been over 3 years now!!!

14. Bobbie And Bubba

The closet I ever got was an outdoor concert at The Mann and I was 3 row. Awesome concert. 2nd time I saw him, was at a huge venue in Philly, I was in nose bleed section (got last minute tics for my DH's birthday) and was sitting almost behind the stage :( sound was horrible, all kinds of reverb and he was 1 hour late hitting the stage. Not a good concert but, I still love him.

15. Amy&TrixieCat

The first show I went to was at the Linc - also got tics last minute (won them in a lottery at my office). I was also in the nosebleeds and the sound was terrible - but it was one of the first times the Linc was ever used since it was a brand new stadium (I remember how clean the bathrooms were - lol!) and I don't think they had the bugs worked out. I had to piece together the songs in my head because it really was inaudible. Bruce always hits the stage a little late. I've been to about 25 shows since, and now I won't get tickets unless I'm in the pit....too spoiled from being up close and personal. I tried many times to get tickets back in the 80s but just couldn't get through, so I gave up for a very, very long time. Winning the tickets turned things around for me!

16. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

They're looking good. Would love those numbers.

17. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Has it been this long since you last started a condo or could I just not find it? I hope all is still going well with the regulation and no vet visits.

18. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Can't find one either, but Vyktor has a pretty nice SS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.