3/14 Jasmine. AM+10~90 • PMPS~221 • +2~301. Bouncing kitty!?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by flyingduster, Mar 14, 2019.

1. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

previous thread (a few days ago now)

What’s up with Jazz?? Why is she dropping suddenly so late in this cycle?

I was going to see about increasing her dose again because she’s been sitting steady in the pinks and yellows, but now I don’t know.

I haven’t had a lot of chance for testing around nadir, and she had a bit of a muck around with her timing on Saturday so was sorta leaving her a few days after that to settle properly. I did a curve on her yesterday as you can see on her chart, and I was going to contact my vet about increasing but have just had a hectic day today and didn’t get there. And now I get home a bit after +7 and hubby says she’s not really eaten today (which is a sure sign of nausea for her) so I’ve been testing her to see and she’s still dropping now and it’s +10???

She hasn’t peed since I’ve been home so I haven’t been able to check her for ketones yet.

I have gotten her to eat a spoonful of regular pate at both +9 and +10 but it has taken some convincing.

2. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Are you able to monitor closely during the PM cycle? This has happened to me before and I'm usually advised several things depending on PMPS. Ideally, we'd want to see PMPS higher than +10 so we know she's going up and safe to shoot.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nadirs can be later on bounce breaking cycles. Might be a more active cycle tonight, so I would hold off an increase pending what she does tonight.

You don’t have to wait for rising numbers, but if you don’t, you have to be ready for more monitoring,

Crista & Ming likes this.
  4. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

She rose FAST in that last hour so I just did her usual shot. She’s now going up at her PM +2 as well so likely gonna bounce high tonight cos of the low?