3/16 Asia AMPS 270, +8 137, PMPS 241

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-15-asia-amps-123-5-72-10-71-pmps-130.192609/

Asia had a really weird cycle today. I thought I killed her duration last night with Karo at +6, but I was somewhat conservative and it hadn’t done for previous cycles. She shot up quite a bit by AMPS. Guess she decided to have a little bounce, even though the below 5os recently didn’t have such an effect. :rolleyes: I’ve stopped trying to understand why and just roll with it and enjoy the gift of bouncing and some worry free time away.

She’s been a snoozer today, but surprising me in her waking moments by walking the balance beam that is the back of the couch and things like this.

It’s too bright inside for an Asia. :joyful:

6B1AA5AE-D062-47BC-B2E6-CB204A36F9C1.jpeg

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

"Rolling with it"... all of it... not letting BG numbers dictate/control moods...
    taking time for yourself whenever you can = the secret to maintaining sanity when dealing with feline diabetes. :D

Stacy & Asia and Judy and Boomer like this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

Very true! Her numbers did dictate my mood in the beginning. I think once she started having some consistently good time in green and blue, that’s when I stopped being bothered with a wonky cycle here and there. Instead of “why is she bouncing?!” :arghh: Now it’s “Asia’s bouncing, let’s blow this popsicle stand!” :smuggrin:

Have yet to master the taking the time for myself bit, but I do try...long before Asia having diabetes, I still have kids. I’m lucky if I can take a bath without a disruption. :joyful:

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

A very cute shot of Asia!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

The steering is a real art with how much to give and what % to give to boost. We did the same thing last night with Bubba dropping to 53 at 3.75. I stuck with the LC Fancy Feast but it took several cycles for me to feel comfortable enough to go to bed. This morning he bounced too and I just rolled with it too. There was a time when it would have affected my mood. Yeah for us!!! We are being cured!! LOL

6. Stacy & Asia

Last night was less about steering and more about wanting to sleep! :joyful: It was only an hour until nadir, so she probably would have rode it out, I just didn't have the stamina. I tested her at the half hour after eating regular food and she had come up...8 points, and I just decided then it was Karo time.

Asia eats at +5, +7, and +9, so as long as she does eat (and almost always does), I'm relatively confident she will surf, but I don't know, a 50 just always makes me leery, especially if she can still drop a bit.

It takes a bit to cure yourself of that, doesn't it? ;)

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Sleep was what it was about for me too last night. And I had to eat my words this AM when Bubs threw me yet a higher number! It almost made me crazy. Ok, it did a little, LOL :rolleyes:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.