3/16 Merlin PMPS 57/ Delayed 1 hour 69/ +2 79

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Steve & Merlin, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Steve & Merlin

Steve & Merlin Member

So far, this dose seems to be the calmest dose for him. Merlin also seems very comfortable on it. He's more relaxed and perky. Although, his appetite while still a bit punk, seems a bit better. Right now, I am more concerned about his weight loss that his BG level. I was hoping he would start to take in and absorb a lot more calories with these lower BG levels, but that hasn't really happened.

2. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Isn't it interesting that he didn't bounce this time, as opposed to that horrendous bounce into the blacks just a few days ago
    How much weight has he lost?

3. Steve & Merlin

Steve & Merlin Member

We both got tired of the bounces and decided not to have them anymore.:cat:

Before he became an unregulated pain in the paw, he weighed around 14 lbs. That was back at the start of January. He now weighs, as of this morning, 12 lbs 12 oz. He weighed less earlier, but that was due to dehydration. Once I got him hydrated he has been at this current weight since the new feeding schedule. Two weeks ago he was 13 15 oz. , so he is still sliding. Our vet has no clue other than to assume it is due to inefficient metabolizing of food due to his unregulated BG. That is probably true as one of the immediate signs (other than poor BG readings) he had gone caddywompus was ravenous hunger. But now that things are under better control, his appetite is not that good. I have recently been able to get him to eat more often by adding tuna water to the food. But he only eats 1/4 to 1/3 his usual amount at any one feeding. So I've been feeding him every couple of hours to get more calories into him and he seems ok with this. But it's small portions. His most recent lab results when we took him to the vet for his weight issue are in the LAB tab of his spreadsheet. Nothing seems to be wrong with him except for diabetes.

4. Steve & Merlin

Steve & Merlin Member

It didn't feel right to shoot at 57 so I waited an hour and gave a slightly reduced dose at 69. Not sure what's up with him as he was kind of flat green all day and started dropping going into the PMPS. His +2 looked ok though. I will keep an eye on him tonight. Maybe his beta cells were feeling perky today? Depending on how it goes tonight, I may keep this dose and see how it works.

5. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow - all greens. That is amazing. In 3 1/2 years, Murphy has never pulled that off. Is this what Merlin was doing before his numbers became wonky?