? 3/2/18 - Luci - AMPS 253 - just not showing much change.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I've been checking routinely at 1+ - not much difference there than PS number - is it still of value to get these +1 readings? I generally test between 2-3 hours - feel like I'm testing a lot more but still not seeing much change. Anyone care to review her recent SS after increase to 1.75 to give opinions on next step? Should I just continue to test as often as possible to see if she finally wants to visit and surf the lagoon?

2. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Just keep following the protocol. Are you doing SLGS or TR?

Silver goes waaaay up at +1. It’s good to know how they respond to food but I doubt you need to get a +1 on a daily basis.

3. Sue and Luci

TR
    I'm wondering about that 'respond to food' - comment. Luci eats each and every time we do a BG. She expects a snack so she usually gets a teaspoon or two of FF pate - sometimes freeze dried salmon. Am I slowing things up by feeding her all the time? She used to be a grazer but now she eats everything I give her - all the time.

Thanks

4. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Based on the recent data I think you can reserve your +1s for those times you shoot your lowest PSs.

Could be - a teaspoon of LC is the first step in guiding numbers up when needed.

Experiment with meals at set times and only small treats for pokes (and poke-a-thons) and reserve extra food for times you need to steer numbers up. It may make a difference.

5. Sue and Luci

I will do that - although Luci acts hungry a lot of the time - sometimes she's waiting for me near the poking station (our kitchen island) and watches me carefully when it's almost time - it's as if she knows if she endures a poke, then she'll get some food...I will dial back on the quantity and see if we can get some better numbers.

6. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Acting hungry all the time is typical of unregulated cat. That will pass as her numbers improve. I feed Silver three times a day (at AMPS, PMPS and bedtime as I am not home during the day. So he can go up 100 pts from preshot to +1 so when I dose a low preshot I know I am really shooting a much higher number by the time of onset at +2.

7. Sue and Luci

What does that mean? "Shooting a much higher number by the time of 'onset' at +2. Onset of what?

8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Onset of the insulin. When you shoot, it doesn't immediately start working. The depot is in action during that time. Onset is when you start seeing the numbers start moving.

So during that time before the onset, the numbers could be rising so you are not really shooting the PS number but what the onset number could be.

Sue and Luci likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.