3/2 Asia PMPS 121, +2 124

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-28-asia-amps-181-3-197-6-81.191882/

Busy week over here, lots of appointments and things for daughter's post surgical care.

Asia has been doing well. Today is day 2 of canna companion, I haven't really noticed anything, not even extra sleepiness, so I hope that's good news as far as side effects are concerned and we will hopefully see some positive improvements in the next few weeks.

This dose is looking like it might be petering out, the stretches of greens are shorter and higher, the preshots seem to be trending up. Might bump her up tomorrow morning or the one after that depending on how it goes between now and then. Still really liking the Lev, I actually feel less anxious running errands or getting a wee bit more sleep as the patterns are so much more predictable, not to say I will ever be at ease with a cat on insulin, but it's an improvement to be certain. I think her numbers were better on Lantus just from the fact that the onset was so soon and as one shot was waning, next shot was on board. Now the insulin seems to wear our around +10 and she's not getting back on track until around +4. I will happily trade this issue for the craziness we experienced with Lantus, it's just another piece to figure out.

Sending tons of healing vines to Yum, Asia's kidney infection buddy.

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hope your daughter continues to feel well post-surgery!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Asia is doing well. I hope your daughter's recovery is going well. Sending prayers.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how well the canna works. Lev used to be easier for me to get right before Rusty's recent issues (going back about 7 or 8 months now), and before his dose got so small (and before I ran out of Terumo syringes and had to switch brands).
    More vines for your daughter's swift recovery.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I hope the canna proves beneficial. I'm glad you're liking the Lev. I never felt the need to switch with my boys, but they were pretty easy to deal with (I realize now, looking back).

Vines and prayers for your daughter's recovery.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

This is my impression of Lev too. I like the extra "breathing room" it gives me.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.