3/2 Jenks AMPS 84 +3 56 PMPS 98 +7 74 +10 42

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

3/1

Jenks had a pretty decent night last night. He spent at least half of it under 100, and gave us a lovely green AMPS to start out the day.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Jenks. I hope he keeps surfing for you.

3. AZJenks

Morning dip right on schedule. Don't head much further out Mr. Jenks.

4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I'm sure you've been through every scenario and been at this a long time, so completely ignore this if you've been there done that (you probably have)...but does Jenks eat less when OH is out of town? My cats eat more when I am gone (they eat their feelings) :joyful: and I once had a cat that pretty much wouldn't eat when I was away. It just looks less like a numbers issue and more like duration. Just something I noticed.

Jenks is still looking pretty great and on a lot less insulin these days, that has to be nice on your wallet! Keep being adorable, Jenks, try for adorable and mostly green though! ;)

5. AZJenks

Wahooooooooooo! All green today, baby! That means we're on an 18-hour green streak! Let's keep it up overnight, ok Jenks?

@Stacy & Asia - Thoughts are always welcome when it comes to trying to figure Jenks out. Who knows, that one question someone asks might be the one that unlocks his puzzle. To get back to your question, though, I haven't noticed a change in his appetite when OH is away. It seems the same to me whether OH is here or not.

You pointed out the most important part. Regardless of the cause, we're on half the insulin that we were at just a few months ago, and still performing better than we were back then. That's a blessing all by itself, even if we really don't understand why it's happening.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  6. AZJenks

He was doing so well through the midcycle that I considered just leaving him alone until AMPS. I'm glad I roused him for a late spot check because he took a dive into the low 40s. He'll eat well at AMPS and then again a couple hours later, so we just need to get him across the finish line in safe numbers, which means it's time for gravy and a little karo as a pick-me-up!

7. Stacy & Asia

Jenks, I hope you're not doing this just for the gravy?! :rolleyes:

8. AZJenks

@Stacy & Asia - Sometimes, I wonder if the other cats encourage him to go low because he gets the gravy and they get the tasty meaty bits component that is left over.

carfurby (GA) and Stacy & Asia like this.
  9. Stacy & Asia

Peer pressure from the civvies, wouldn't surprise me a bit! :joyful:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.