3/2 Mandarin AMPS 234 - back on the juice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandarin'sMom, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

Since Mandarin was still hanging out in yellow last night, I decided to start him back up on Insulin. :arghh::arghh: I went with 0.1 u this time. So far, there's no change in his BG. And while this would suck even on the best of days, his timing is particularly bad this time since I am going to be out of town for 9 days.

Emma is improving very slowly. She is eating some on her own and is walking a bit better, but the head tilt is still really pronounced. And she now has diarrhea (probably from the AD food... but that's the only thing I can get her to eat). I just feel like I can't win at the moment.

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    How frustrating. I am sorry that Mandarin's numbers went up and you need insulin again. It is so difficult to travel with our diabetic kitties.

Sending more vines to Emma and many hugs to you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mandarin'sMom likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Christina, I'm sorry about Mandarin and Emma. I know that you've said that no one will be able to shoot/test Mandarin; I feel your pain there as Boomer is definitely the same way! Hopefully the wee bit of juice for the next few days will knock him back into remission.

4. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Ugh, Christina Why do kitties just know to do this at the worst possible time? Hopefully, Judy is right and a little bit of insulin will knock Mandarin back into remission
    Vines for sweet Emma
    When are you leaving? I'm coming into SB for a few days, so let me know if I can do anything to help

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm sorry Mandarin's BG is being so stubborn. You're such a good caregiver that I'm hoping this is just a bump in the road.

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

It's the timing...I'm sure of it...he 'knows' you're going out of town...I swear every time something intense is happening in our lives the kids know it ... so sorry to hear about that downturn...hope you can get him back on that green road to recovery quickly! :bighug::bighug:

8. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Just like they always know when we are about to get up ...
    Hooe he gets back off the juice soon!