3/2 Osha AMPS 141 +3 109 +5 99 +7 74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

2/18

Good morning!

Osha is doing good! She had her follow up vet appointment for possible proteinuria last week. The test came back and there was ZERO protein in her urine!! :woot: So we will just follow up again at her regular 6 month appointment. I was super excited to hear the results!

In other news, Sébastien's @Photorecon cat, Small Kitty has an airline ticket to come and live with me in April. Sébastien is just coming for vacation, but since you can only fly with one cat at a time, we are bringing him here so he can fly with Big Brother the next time. The visa is still a work in process for Sébastien to come and live with me.

I also helped out a neighbor with her newly diagnosed diabetic kitty. She came to me and asked for help. I showed her all the supplies to get, (she borrowed my extra meter and strips until her order arrived) which food to feed and after 3 times of helping her home test, she is now doing it on her own! It was so cool to give back and help. She was feeding dry and his numbers on 2u were in the 200's. When she switched to wet food, his numbers went down and now he is on 1u and is showing blue and green numbers. I am hopeful that the food change will have him go into remission. It sure seems like he is on that path. She thought she was feeding high quality food and I showed her the third ingredient was sweet potatoes. She switched immediately and Louis (her cat) is now doing much better.

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
    Amanda and Kitty Osha, The Empress

CassAndGordy(GA) and Dyana like this.
  2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a lot of news. Great that Osha had no protein in her urine!
    Send your neighbor our way in case she has a question. Thanks for helping her and Louis.

Osha likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yay for Small Kitty's ticket and "visa"! Happy to hear the progress!
    And good news for Osha as well!

Osha likes this.
  4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I have showed her the site, but I don't know if she is lurking or not. I set her up with the spread sheet and she has shared it with me and listening to my dosing advise. Hopefully she will stop in here soon. :)

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

All kinds of good news. Happy everything is falling into place.

Osha likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for no protein in Osha's urine! Great that SK will be here soon. Hopefully it won't be much longer for Sebastien and BB. Nice that you were able to help your neighbor.

Osha likes this.