3/20 Govie amps 248/+7.5 262/ pmps 271

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Govies mom (Karen), Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Govies mom (Karen)

Govies mom (Karen) Well-Known Member

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Karen, just looking over Govie's SS, I am not sure why you are switching up the dose between 1 unit and 1.25. Lantus is a depot insulin and needs for the depot to fill. For instance, starting back on 3/17 you reduced the dose in the PM cycle to 1 after you shot 1.25 in the AM cycle at a lower number. Lantus needs consistency so you need to hold the dose for the required amount of time to let the depot fill and to let a bounce clear. I am not criticizing, just trying to help. When you switch up the dose like you've been doing, you confuse the depot and it's impossible to know what dose is working.

It looks like you are available to test thought the AM cycle? My suggestion would be to shoot 1.25 and hold that dose unless she goes below 50 and see what this dose can do. The goal is to get them into numbers under 100.

ETA: That is of course if you can monitor.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Reason for edit: ETA
  3. Govies mom (Karen)

Ok , I was having trouble figuring out why the numbers shot up outta nowhere after being in blues and greens for quite awhile

4. Govies mom (Karen)

I'm reaching insanity ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.