3.20 Rufus AMPS 104, +3 85, PMPS 160, +2 145 (AT2)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sean & Rufus, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Nothing too exciting today. Some days no news is good news :)

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

With FD, no news is always good news :D!

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Absolutely!

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  4. Sean & Rufus

Does the Adequan shot need to be a certain time period a part form the insulin shot? Both are subq.

5. Sean & Rufus

Also, I have 3/10ml syringes 30 unit . If Rufus needs .5ml of Adequan, would that be 25 units on 2 syringes?

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yes, no news is always good news in the FD dance. Sorry, I don't know the answer to the syringe/Adequan question. Hope someone who knows weighs in.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yes. Or 30 on one and 20 on the other.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  8. Sean & Rufus

Thanks! I figured so, just wanted to make sure wasn't having a blonde moment :)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  9. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Not sure about the adequan and insulin mixture. But my civvies adequan shots are into muscle (not subq). Wonder about the difference. They really seem to be helping her.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  10. Sean & Rufus

This is his 2nd Adequan today. Vet said to dogs usually get it in the muscle, sometimes subq, but cats with him are always subq. Sounded good to me! Much more comfortable with subq. Just have to get used to the huge needle. I did it today, but took me some time and treats for Rufus.

He has been acting much better even after the 1st shot! Has jumped up on couch and ottoman at least once a day since! I'm pretty excited for him :)

11. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I said the same thing after just one shot with Daisy. I couldn’t believe the difference in her. I had my husband give the first shot at home. You would think after shooting insulin for a year I could manage, but I didn’t like the idea of injecting into her muscle. Now that I think about it, her vet did mention that it could be subq, but she has always done into the muscle. As long as it works, that’s all that matters!

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  12. Amy&TrixieCat

Trix was OTJ when she started Adequan so I'm not sure about the timing, but I would try to spread them out a little bit, just "because". I'd also try to shoot in two separate areas, at least a little bit...like shoulder and scruff. I'm glad it seems to already be helping!

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  13. Sean & Rufus

I think from now on I'll try to do the shots around +6 just to give it time to absorb and be safe. Hoping to be employed soon though, so we'll see. I guess it's only for a month that he needs 2x per week.

14. Amy&TrixieCat

Yes, that's what our vet recommends - twice a week for a month, then once a week for a month, then every other week for a month, then as needed - usually once every 3-4 weeks. I know other vets follow different protocols.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  15. Sean & Rufus

This vet said 2x weekly for a month, then 1 or 2 times a month. But it's up to me (and Rufus) if that is enough or if needed more.

16. Sean & Rufus

Lot 'o treats today. That's why his numbers are up. I'm actually surprised they are not higher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.