? 3/20 Silver AMPS 238 PMPS 157 +5=239 bouncing?? Insight anyone?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Come on down Silver!

Juliet likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Silver dipped down lower yesterday than you saw and is just bouncing. Hopefully he heads down today.

Juliet likes this.
  4. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

Merry started out yellow today as well for the first time since the beginning of March. Hopefully they both come down during the day.

PussCatPrince - GA and Juliet like this.
  5. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks. Heading home to find out.

6. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Not understanding these latest numbers since the 79 four days ago. Can anyone offer insight please?

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

No, I wish I could offer insight.

Thinking out loud...
    Was anything different on the day he had the 79?

If you can't figure out a reason for the 79, safety would dictate reducing the dose (per SLGS) or at the very least maintaining the dose and hope he doesn't bottom out while finding out how low this dose is taking him.

PussCatPrince - GA and Juliet like this.
  8. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Actually I'm not reducing dose with one off low numbers anymore. I've learned with experience with treating Silver after three failed reductions. I don't reduce at one random low number. I maintained the same dose.

Nothing was different that day.

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

That's risky business given Silver doesn't have food available mid-cycle to bring his numbers up on his own, but I believe we've discussed that already and I have no desire to debate the issue again. I imagine you don't either. :)
    Darn. I was hoping there was an easy explanation!

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  10. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Yup. Hope bothpusscats come down.
    Hope Ty sorts out the new real too.

LuanneP and Juliet like this.
  11. Juliet

Juliet Guest

You just need to look at this numbers that have been over 200 ever since to prove it was the right decision to hold the dose rather than decrease. If I see no green on the next curve he will be due an increase. You said yourself in this post that holding was fine. I have no one advising on dose so I have to make my own informed decisions here.

12. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

I think you're making good decisions for Silver :) I've been holding Merry's doses longer for a while now because he seems to need more time to adjust to his doses & his numbers have been really good (except his yellow yesterday morning, silly kitty). There's been a couple times where I could have decreased but also didn't want a failed reduction so held the dose to see how things would go & one time I ended up having to increase so it would have been a failed reduction.

Juliet likes this.
  13. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks Luanne. I think Merry and Silver are very similar in their responses. Been watching your ss with interest.

LuanneP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.