3/21 Benny, AMPS 111, +2 82

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erin & Scott, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

Previous

Benny seems to be holding steady so far on his reduced dose . . . though we don't have many tests yet. I was really tired last night and went to bed early, so only got a +2 PM reading. Hoping his numbers hold today, I have a conference call in a few minutes, I just hope it's done by +2 so I can get a nadir reading today.

Coincidentally, we got an email from our vet yesterday, she just happened to pull up Benny's spreadsheet yesterday and recommended that we stop his insulin based on his numbers the last few weeks. I responded (very tactfully, I hope!) that we had, in fact, planned to reduce his dose to a single drop that very evening, and then if his numbers held, would try him without insulin for a couple of weeks. I explained that we were using a human meter - I don't think I have that info on my spreadsheet - so his numbers were in a safe range. Anyway, I told her we'd see what he looks like in a few days and touch base then.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be ready for an OTJ trial in a few days . . . :cat:

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Paws crossed!

download (3).jpg

Erin & Scott likes this.
  3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

It seems little Benny wants to give it a try !! :)

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Very nice start

5. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

82 @ +2; a little higher than he has been running, but still in a good range.