3/25 Kitty AMPS 96, still at .5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and Kitty, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10104

A little concerned I gave a fur shot this morning, as his fur was very wet. I always overfill the syringe, so it drips down the needle, and I know the syringe went in. But there was a LOT more wetness on his fur than usual -- and the needle was so bent that it poked through the protective cap when I went to throw it away. nailbite_smile

The timing couldn't be worse, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Otherwise: he is annoyed that there is no sun, but is finding solace in a very warm sock in his bed. :D

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hopefully it was not a furshot, but if it was I think kitty can handle it .. he's doing so good lately!

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I love your profile pic of Kitty; he just looks so cute and cuddly. :)

Does he cuddle up with the sock? Why is it warm? So many questions, so little time!

4. Kathy and Kitty

Sarah -- We started using a sock filled with rice -- warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds -- to warm his ear, which makes the blood flow more easily for testing.

We saw how he purred, so I took an old kneesock and filled that with rice. I heat it in the microwave for 45 seconds and then put it in his bed, and he LOVES it. He curls up next to it -- sometimes his chin, sometimes his shoulder, sometimes his hip -- and purrs, sleeps and snores.

He's a little older, so I think it soothes some early arthritis. And what cat doesn't like warmth generally?? :mrgreen:

5. Sarah and Buzz

Hmmmm, you know, I used a rice sock in the beginning to test Buzz, but I never thought to use it as a bedwarmer! That is a great idea. I am going to try that this afternoon; it's the perfect day for it. Thanks for the great tip. :)

6. Kathy and Kitty

Happy to spread the warmth!! :D

Coincidentally, "Buzz" is one of our favorite nicknames for Kitty -- aka Buzzicle, Buzzman, Buzzer, Buzzby, etc. :mrgreen:

7. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

what kind of rice do you use? Like long grain rice? You have to cook with water?

8. Sarah and Buzz

I didn't name Buzz (got her as an adult and she was already named) but I actually think it's a terrible name for a girl cat. The people liked Toy Story, so it's for Buzz Lightyear (who of course was a boy). Oh well, it stuck and it's her name for keeps. Buzz is a cute nickname for a boy kitty, though. :)

I use basmati because that's what we have, but I'm not sure what other people use. I don't think it really matters as long as it's not the minute rice (I guess it would cook inside the sock?).

9. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 3/25 Kitty AMPS 96, +5 89

Fingers crossed it wasn't a fur shot this morning!

We just take uncooked basmati rice. After a while, it doesn't retain heat, and we have to replace it -- I guess it gets micro-waved away over time. But I guess anything works.

Be careful that it doesn't get TOO hot. A full minute can be too warm when pressed against delicate skin. I usually put the sock under a fleece in his bed -- it's impressive how long that fleece keeps the warmth in.

By the way --- KITTY IS A BOY! He has many nicknames. Variations on Buzz are just some of our favorites, along with the ever-popular Captain Meowi van Katty. :mrgreen:

10. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Kathy don't beat yourself up over a fur shot, I thought I gave one the other day but I don't think I did! You guys are doing so well! That is a great idea about the rice sock, Scrabble loves to lay under the covers and sleep. He has many spots, lol! Think Scrabble has a little arthritis too in his back legs, maybe that would help! Have a great day, you are doing so good!!!

11. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 3/25 Kitty PMPS 88 - Dosecrease tom. night?

Guess it wasn't a fur shot after all! :mrgreen:

WCR is great -- purry and interested.

If he is green tomorrow morning, DH thinks we might move down to .35.

12. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the liquid methyl B12--I put it in my favorites if this doesnt work--She went & banged her legs again, these cats have no sense sometimes!! Thanks Kathy!! HUGS~!

Attached Files:

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Your post about my fur shot was just too funny.If you only knew how many times I've poked myself with a lancet....

14. Kathy and Kitty

:eek: YOU TOO??? ohmygod_smile

See, now I don't feel so bad!!! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.