3/25 Kitty - OTJ Trial Day1 - AMBG 63, PMBG 58

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by worldtraveller, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Hello LL!

I am back from 5 days of travel. It was nice to be away (Istanbul is a great city!), but always good to come back home!

Some of you may recall that Kitty was getting really well before my travel, and after all we decided that the shots will be completely skipped when I was not at home. One of the last postings froms last week: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66587

I just got back and of course first thing I do is to test Kitty's BG and it was 59!! :mrgreen: To me this looks wonderful and quite unbelievable. He has been now 5 days without any insulin, in fact his tiny shot (0.1u) was on Monday night and now it is early Sunday morning (3am here in Moscow). During this time he continued the LC diet, just don't know when he has eaten the last time.

I guess I will need to set the alarm for his regular morning shooting time to test. If the BG reading is anywhere as good as it is now - I would be tempted to continue to skip the shot in the morning. Any views?

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 3/25 Kitty 59 - question

Yeah, here's my view That's Great!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome Home :D :D :D

3. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

ABSOLUTELY LOVELY NUMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see what the wiser folks say, but seems to me that green bg's at shot time may suggest a trial (anti-jinx)
    I must add here...I am NOT a wise one, so don't take what I say as a suggestion...just HOPING that it's what they'll advise!!

celi

4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

This is just fantastic Mia. It's as if Kitty is five days into an OTJ trial anyway - and rocking it! IMHO just continue to get tests at your regular shooting times and if he stays green then whoo hoo :mrgreen:

Would be great if you could continue posting his numbers so we can keep an eye on him and share in the excitement. I'm not sure whether you get to call today OTJ trial day 5 or since we don't know what he's been doing it is day 1. Instead of having AMPS and PMPS numbers you post AMBG and PMBG numbers.

I am doing my happy dance for you :D

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

OH WONDERFUL MIA!!!! i was hoping you'd post as soon as you got home. thursday i was thinking about you and wondering how kitty was doing without his insulin!

can you get another few tests at your regular shot times and let us see if that's holding?

and you know what it means if it is . . . . :D

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hi Mia. If you can you get some more tests throughout this cycle, and if all looks well, then, tomorrow morning, we may just declare an OTJ trial for Kitty :D Good luck to the both of you!

7. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

It means I'm going to be as busy as a one-armed paper hanger! :eek: 4 OTJ trials??? Whoooeeeee!!

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think there's a consensus that since Kitty refused to send you his BG info while you were in Istanbul, you'll have to get some tests today. And, unless something very weird happens, you'll be able to start a trial tomorrow.

9. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

OMG! Such good news! Now I want to go Istanbul too! :lol:

10. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Re: 3/25 Kitty AMBG 63

Good morning!!

After a few hours of sleep, it was nice to wake up to test Kitty's AMBG: 63!! How wonderful :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Based on your comments, it sounds like we're officially in OTJ trial? As I have not allowed myself to plan ahead for this earlier :D , someone now needs to advise us what we need to do now. Looking forward to this....

11. Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA)

Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA) Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT Congratulations!! :RAHCAT

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hold on. I have the instructions. Let me get them. brb.

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Here are the instructions:

•Test at your normal AMPS and PMPS times. Feed multiple small meals throughout the day as much as possible (small meals are less likely to overwhelm a newly functioning pancreas).

•If Kitty is green at your normal test times, no need to test further until the next "PS" time, just feed small meals and go about your day. If he is blue, feed a small meal and test again after about 3 hours. If his number is lower 3-4 hours after a meal, then his pancreas is working!

•If, after 2 weeks Kitty has stayed in normal numbers, we have a party! I think you're already on Day 6 YAY! :mrgreen:

Sometimes the trial doesn't work the first time and we have to give a little more support in the form of resuming insulin. It's not the end of the world if that happens, we just give him the support he needs. Our goal is a strong remission and it's better to take our time to get that than to rush into remission just to have it fail later on.

Congratulations and Good Luck!!!!!!

14. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

So now... you can add OTJ Trial to your Subject Line :mrgreen:

15. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Re: 3/25 Kitty AMBG 63, +3 67, +8 103

Good afternoon LL!

Recap of today:
    AMBG 63 (no shot) - Kitty had a little to eat
    +3 67
    +4 76
    +8 103

Since the morning, Kitty has not had much to eat, so he just ate a bit. Let's see where his BG goes in 2-3 hours...

Thanks Dyana for sending the OTJ trial instructions, we'll do our best to follow that.

Based on Sienne's message, I believe we'll officially start OTJ trial today due to missing BG data from the past few days (Kitty as been already 5 days without insulin due to my travelling). So, just to make sure on your views --- are we on OTJ Trial Day 1 or Day 6? :mrgreen:

16. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Congratulations Kitty and Mia!

[​IMG]

I will send you more information shortly in a PM. :D

17. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Very cool!, and CONGRATS!!

18. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Hopefully Vyktor's not too far behind Kitty, thanks for providing cheerleading :D

I'm not sure what day of the trial you should be on but I guess to be doubly sure (and give CD time to prepare for Kitty's party!) you should start on day 1 - then we get to keep you around a bit longer too :D

19. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Re: 3/25 Kitty - OTJ Trial Day1 - AMBG 63, +3 67, +8 103, +1

Ok, we're officially on OTJ Trial: Day 1 :mrgreen:

After eating this afternoon after +8 testing, Kitty's BG has dropped from 103 at +8 to 76 at +10 :mrgreen:
    It has been a bit unusual path to OTJ trial, keep your fingers crossed that this holds dancing_cat

20. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Very exciting for Kitty! Congratulations on OTJ Trial Day 1!

21. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

GO KITTYBABY GO!!!
    DAY 1 AND COUNTING!!
    WOO HOO!!!!

22. julie & punkin (ga)

uh, not to mess totally with your plan, but we're thinking this would be OTJ day 5. :mrgreen:

if you want it, that is. your choice!

CD better get working with all these OTJ videos! :lol:

23. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Whatever day you decide on: GO KITTY!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

Ella & Rusty

24. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Actually, how many days ago did you stop shooting? However many days it's been, that's what day you're on for the OTJ trial. So, is it day 5 or day 6?

(We just didn't want to say that explicitly last night in case the numbers didn't hold up once you were home, Kitty was eating, and life was more normal, etc.)

25. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

The last insulin shot was last Monday night (0.1u), so he has been now 6 days without insulin.
    I don't mind doing double counting on the days, this way we can have two parties: first when counting also the days when I was gone (no testing) and then the days with testing ;-)

26. julie & punkin (ga)

i'm all over that. any excuse to celebrate going off of insulin is a good excuse! :D

i think we should call Kitty our poster child for the benefits of switching to canned low carb. i posted in Ella's condo (Ella & tpr) and mentioned about Kitty. you might give her some of your advice on how you were able to get Kitty transitioned away from his dry food.

27. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Sounds good!

Kitty is such a wonderful example when switching from dry food to wet food, and I am happy to share his story with anyone. His insulin need dropped dramatically when going to LC food only and since then he's been rushing for the OTJ trial completely on his own pace :mrgreen:

I am though careful not to celebrate too soon, but am so full of hope :D

The truth, though, is that we would not be this far if I did not have all of you as support. This board is just amazing and I am eternally thankful for all of you out there!!

28. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

(Official) Day 1 finished with PMBG 58! (Unofficially day 6 finished)
    Just loving this :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

29. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Looks like we are going to have a lot to celebrate the next few weeks!!!!

Whoot Whoot!

:RAHCAT dancing_cat :RAHCAT

30. julie & punkin (ga)

uh oh - the wooties have been banging on the walls, trying to get to your condo to celebrate Kitty! ok, i'm letting them out!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Congratulations on day 1/6!!!​

this is pretty exciting! i'm not sure if we have 3 or 4 OTJ countdowns going right now. not too shabby!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.