3/26 Esse AMPS=297 +8=205 +11=251 PMPS=241

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest:
    PMPS+4=88
    +4.5=72. Treated aggressively with HC Whiskas
    +8=175
    AMPS=297. Wellness Chicken out, reduced dose to 2U
    +8=205
    +11=251
    PMPS=241. Fancy Feast Classic out for dinner. Shot 2U. Will have Evo out for overnight.
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10178

Morning...well, she did have an active night. At 4, she was 88, and by 4.5, she was 72. I fed HC Whiskas Bits and Gravy, knowing that she was headed downward. I strongly suspect she went lower, because she was at 175 at +8, and at AMPS, she is 297 (very high, and looks like a rebound to me...).

So I took her down to 2. The reasoning behind it is that if I had not caught and fed the 72, she definitely would've gone lower (with her pattern and history). And with consistently "high" numbers recently at AMPS, I decided to bring her down .25u.

We will see what happens over the next few days...

Best-
    Michele

2. Michele and Esse

I love my Essecat...she's such a sweetheart. At the moment, she's laying in her too-small basket, taking a post dinner bath. She's a dear, dear cat...and I caught her giving Eeyore an eyebrow groom. Being a boy, he didn't hold still for long, but she sure tried. LOL.

I love my kitties...each and everyone of them.

And I had a great ride today - jumped for close to 30 minutes after a good 30 minutes' workout. He so loves jumping...it's so fun for him. I am quite sore and tired today, but we had a great day at the barn (sorry, CD, while there is vid of my lesson...I didn't fall off today...LOL).

Best-
    Michele

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hate to say this, but I don't think there's data to support the decrease. You have no way of knowing if Esse would have earned a decrease or surfed in the above 50 range. I think I could make an equally compelling argument that her numbers would have been in that range. If you are going to abort the cycle with HC because you need to sleep, then keep the dose -- especially since you could have tested today. I don't think the AMPS was necessarily rebound. Yesterday's AM cycle looks very much like today's.

4. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I was looking at the +4.5 BG 72 where you gave HC.
    With a BG like 72 you might want to wait before intervening, retest, reassess and then try LC if you need to. Early in cycle hard and fast drops might need HC -- LC usually does the trick and isn't as intrusive as HC.

Lantus runs fairly flat when it gets into these numbers. The drop you see at the 200s is different then the drop that occurs with lower numbers. Does that make sense?

Just my two cents here -- I wouldn't have reduced the dose or fed HC.

Cuteness and love her for your Esse.

5. Michele and Esse

Well, I have to say I'm feeling kinda defensive here. You don't know what my schedule was today, and whether or not I could've tested q2 (I couldn't...). Yesterday's AM cycle may look a lot like today, but...to me, the evening cycle looked a lot like the 19th...and she doubledipped hard (both times into the 30s) at the end of the cycle...with aggressive treatment of the drop both times. Hindsight is 20/20, Sienne, and while today may have looked similar in hindsight, in looking at the ss and comparing what is potentially going to happen, I saw the 19th, and went from there; I don't know what's going to happen 14-18 hours in the future. And yes, I do think the AMPS's recently are rebound. You may not, but I do. As you stated, there is an equally compelling argument to be made for it being rebound and her going low overnight.

Half of this month (13 days) she's started the day in green or blue. When I see a break from that, following blue numbers (or green), I do think about rebound. I think that she has gone low, and since she's shown she can go low fast and hard, and since I have been thinking that there is rebound happening, I don't think I was wrong. However, I've been wrong before, I can be wrong again, and if so, I'll add back the .25U.

If I choose to abort a cycle, it is not a slapdash willy-nilly decision. It's made from knowing this cat, knowing what she's capable of, and knowing that no, I'm not superwoman and yes, I do need to get sleep sometime. I was able to get up in the middle of the night (I didn't take my sleep meds, which made today hard for me...but whatever), I got some data, and took it from there this morning. And as no one said a word before tonight's shot...well, yeah, I'm a tad defensive. Tired, too. LOL.

Esse has seen some flat greens, but that's not something I can count on with her. She has surfed less in the greens than she has bottomed out.

Gah. Look. I'm doing my best with my cat. I may make some mistakes, I may make errors. But I'm doing my best, and like I said, I'm feeling pretty defensive. I think what I need to do is crawl into bed with some kitties and a good book, and rest a bit. I've had a wonderful day, and don't want to ruin it by arguing on the 'net. Know what I mean, jellybean??

Best-
    Michele

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sorry. My point wasn't to put you on the defensive! I completely understand if you need to short circuit a cycle. Given your usual schedule, I generally don't know how you manage to be upright most of the time. IMHO, and it is an opinion, I think there are times when it looks like you are impatient and may read more into the numbers than what may be there. No one can know for certain what's going on when we go to sleep. (That may not be entirely true. I think Ronnie figured out a way to test in her sleep.) You are doing nothing short of a fantastic job. To whatever extent I can, I just want to encourage you to let Esse take the lead and show you how much juice she needs. She's making wonderful progress and I want to see her keep moving forward.

7. Michele and Esse

Hugs, darlin. Told you I'm tired. LOL. I may seem impatient to you, and perhaps I am. But I also wonder sometimes if I miss the early signals of a going low event, and then she tanks so badly that I spend a day trying to get her out of the 30s...which sets her up for another wild swing. As for being upright, well, sometimes I'm not quite upright, but upside down. LOL. It's all good. I'm just touchy tonight, trying to get Dad's meals to him, sort through his meds and get his calendar for the week written out, and trying to get him to go to the DMV so he can renew his license (he's driving on an expired license...), and all the rest of the stuff. And, the wind is blowing so I'm sneezy and headachy on top of it. But I did have a great ride today, so I'm happy there.

Now, I think Ronnie needs to teach me that trick...oh Ronnie? Where art thou???

And even though it's only 7:30, I think I'll pull some numbers, and head to bed...once I get a few hours' sleep, I won't be quite as grouchy. Again, hugs.

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.