3/26 Kitty AMPS 102, +5.5 89, PMPS 81 - no dosecrease

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and Kitty, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Yesterday: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/view ... =9&t=10200

We talked about reducing Kitty tonight if he were green. So much for that. I hope this blue doesn't mean anything. He ate a full can last night -- everything I left out for him, plus a full +10 snack. :YMSIGH:

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/26 Kitty AMPS 102 - no dosecrease

I'm tempted to tell you to take the best out of 3 consecutive tests. This is so almost green! (and still a normal BG reading!)

3. Kathy and Kitty

I'll just wait to see his mid-day test. Kind of nervous...but I'll try not to borrow trouble!

4. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 3/26 Kitty +5.5 93 - discouraging

This means the blue AMPS was not a fluke -- the whole curve is higher, and this is the highest mid-day score almost since we increased his dose.

If the increased dose does not hold, I will be not only discouraged, but confused.

But we'll wait to see. nailbite_smile

5. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Maybe Kitty wanted to keep you on your toes. Like Sienne said, these are still normal numbers. I can understand being discouraged, but wait to see if the higher numbers stick around before you get too sad.

6. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Me confused, these are beautiful numbers. Considering meter variance you probably are green. What is important is that Kitty feels good in these numbers -- they don't have to be green ones all the time.

7. Kathy and Kitty

Diane (I know I'm spelling your name wrong!) -- we were sooooo close to an OTJ trial, then Kitty inexplicably balked at .25. I hoped going back to the last dose that held would do the trick, and we continue toward a trial. That's why I'm concerned about these numbers -- which would otherwise be gorgeous. :roll:

8. D and Noisy

I spell my name that way when I want it to be easier for peeps so no worries.
    OK I understand, I'd like to look at ss and come back. Sometimes the insulin can push the numbers up too.
    OTJ trial kitties can run in these (and higher) numbers. I'm not suggesting do anything definite one way or the other -- just thinking out loud.

9. Kathy and Kitty

I would really love to have your thoughts. I just don't know what happened. Kitty was green for FIVE MONTHS! Then all of a sudden...he lost it.

I thought possibly I inadvertently decreased too much at one time, from .5 to maybe .25 skinny -- dose creep -- and that's why he lost it. But he has been so incredibly steady for so long. He's healthy, he's eating enough.

10. D and Noisy

I'm going to dinner but am gonna stop back in when I get back.

11. Kathy and Kitty

Great -- thank you!! :D

12. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 3/26 Kitty PMPS 81 - really confused!

I wonder if these variations mean he is ready for the dosecrease. But we decided to be very cautious. Because of the blue AMPS, we skipped it. If he has a good AMPS, we'll dosecrease in the morning.

He ate so much during last night, and he is low now, and seems to feel very good -- but after those blues last week, not taking chances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.