3/26 Smokey AMPS 112, +3 82 PMPS 97 +2:15 95

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melanie and Smokey, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Should I be considering going back up to .25 with all these higher numbers showing up? I know most are still good blues, but are they an indication she needs more healing time? The numbers seem really eratic up-down-up-down not really curving.

I am having to limit my testing because I am down to 9 strips and don't want to run out and not be able to preshot test. Figured I'd only do preshot unless those are blue, then one test to see if she comes down. The new ones were finally scanned enroute so hopefully tomorrow, otherwise not til next week :sad:

Still good enough to hold out or back up a step to let the greens do some healing?

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/26 Smokey AMPS 112, +3 82 Question

I would leave the dose where it is. These numbers are all in the normal BG range.

I would, however, get more strips. You really can't wait to test more than twice a day until next week.

3. Melanie and Smokey

Thanks Sienne. These last few days just seemed weird and I wasn't sure if the dose just wasn't sticking.

Yeah, I hate not having enough strips on hand. I was sitting ok, then we had a run of using two to get one good test. If they aren't in the mail tomorrow I will run grab some. Weekends are our time to get a few more spots checks usually. I just hate to get them locally at $78 for 50 when I have 2 containers on the way :( Go USPS go!!!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

An alternative might be to go to a Walmart and pick up a Relion meter and strips (it will probably be well under $50) and use that as a back up if the strips don't arrive.

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Smokey's numbers are PERFECT, no dose increase needed!

6. Melanie and Smokey

Re: 3/26 Smokey AMPS 112, +3 82 PMPS 97

Great idea. I hadn't thought about grabbing the meter with the cheap strips. I'd have to hop across the boarder-due to weird state laws our Walmart's don't have pharmacies and therefore don't sell the diabetic supplies :roll: Moorhead's Walmart should have them though. Maybe I will call them tomorrow and ask prices if we don't get the strips in the mail.

Thanks for chiming in Libby. They are good numbers. I just got spoiled on all that green. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.