3/27 Asia PMPS 190, +4.5 49, +6 46, +6.5 78

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

:phttp://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/3-24-asia-amps-167-3-136.193048/

Miss everybody, my 5 year old niece is here all week for spring break and many other visitors dropping by as well (due to spring break). Lots of people in our tiny apartment, but we are having a good time and Asia is enjoying all of the extra attention from extra humans. ;)

Still devouring this book and getting lots of good stuff from it. I've begun to precisely measure all of Asia's meals and denoted in the SS the brighter blue + numbers are meal times with all meals consisting of 1 tablespoon of radcat with the exceptions of AMPS and PMPS being 1/2 tablespoon each. I've been consistent AMPS and PMPS numbers when you consider meter variance. It's looking like the depot is filling up as she's getting lower numbers sooner and more consistently. Not sure what I want to do about that yet, but I'm mulling over my options. :cat:

Sharing a little from the Dr. Bernstein book I mentioned in my last post. He is a type 1 diabetic that had so many complications at such a young age, that he set out to find a way to help himself as the common knowledge of doctors and the ADA weren't cutting it. He thought exercising would help him have more even numbers and it just wasn't working, he poured through journal articles and studies and most of what he found pertained to animals. In animal studies, most if not all diabetic complications were reversed with normalized blood sugars!

http://www.diabetes-book.com/bernstein-life-with-diabetes/

I find it poetic that what led him to develop strategies for controlling human diabetes were studies with animals and I'm finding the wisdom he gathered and experiences he has had with human patients to help my cat! :)

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Animals aren’t humans ... but humans are animals. o_O

3. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Good start for Asia.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Asia. I hope she surfs safely today. Enjoy your time with your niece.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Stacy & Asia

Maybe a bounce today? From what, I have no idea. o_O

6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Enjoy your company!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Wrong way, Asia!! Enjoy the company, Stacy!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  8. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

I wonder if that fellow's doctor knew that many drug studies and protocols are tested on cats and dogs first, because their systems resemble ours. Very interesting excerpt.
    Glad Asia's enjoying her extra attention.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  9. Stacy & Asia

If his doctor did, he obviously didn't think it was all that relevant. I just got a kick out of "it's impossible to normalize human blood sugars" as if it were easy to do it in animals but could not possibly work for humans. I find it extra tricky to do with animals because they can't tell us how they feel and cats do a great job of masking when they feel off. Not to mention the impossibly tiny doses of human insulin. The tricky part with humans is food cravings and choices, but if you could conquer that part, in theory, it should be easier to normalize a human than a cat from the perspective that everything is designed for humans. :p

Kathy and TiTi and Kris & Teasel like this.
  10. Stacy & Asia

Maybe not a bounce but a bobble? PMPS 190 :eek:

Good timing for once, at least I did not have to worry so much about being away today, since we are having many spring break excursions this week. :)

11. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Yes. The only person I knew with diabetes, did his best half the time, and then plunged deep into sugar and wheat carbs.
    How did this fellow make out - have you reached that part of his book yet?

12. Stacy & Asia

It's not a biography or anything, he became an MD and is one of the oldest living type 1 diabetics (in his 80s), he treats other diabetics and helps them with diet and very tight regulation (like you aim to be at 83 bg all the time). It's a very strict diet, pretty much no carbs, lots of fat and protein, no fruits, no beans, no grains. It would closely resemble maybe a Keto or Atkins type of diet I imagine. His lab results for heart and many other things are that of a 20 year old athlete! :woot:

13. Stacy & Asia

After bobbling all day, she drops early in the pm cycle to lime green. Pj party. Have given 3 rounds of Karo: .5mL, .5mL and .6mL and she’s still attached to the 40s! :eek:

Going to test this drama llama again soon.

14. Stacy & Asia

+6.5 78, that’s better, question is, will she stay up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.