3/27 Checkers amps 130 PMPS/ 212

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barb & Checkers (GA), Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

yesterday: viewtopic.

Hmmm, hope he doesn't go too low for +3, 'cause I have to leave house for couple hours, after that. Well that's where gravy food comes in.

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 3/27 Checkers amps 130 +1.5/70

Hey there, looking like a banner day for Checkers!!--I got the same thing going with Moonie, but I'll be gone all day!!
    Hope you have a nice easy surf today!! :mrgreen:

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If he drops, you know how to handle the numbers! A bit of LC now may help to get Checkers on his surfboard.

4. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Well I learned something from this experience!
    Sienne, I didn't see your message, and waited until +3 to check again and it was 40.
    I offered him HC gravy FF, and he wasn't interested. I don't know what tipped him off that I was going out, but he thought it was about him, and took off, and went under ny bed.
    By the time I went for a broom to nudge him out, he was terrified....the look of fear on his face just about killed me!

Got him in my arms and went for the Karo; by this time,he was limp in my arms, but I couldn't know if it was from fear, or low bg. Got a couple of fingerfuls of Karo in his mouth. Got a bit of gravy FF in him...not willingly.

Now I know not to test him, when I am dressed to go out, because he gets suspicious that he is going with me, and runs away.
    He is fine now that I had to cancel my hair appt. :YMSIGH:

130 amps
    70/1.5
    40 +3
    50 in ten minutes
    90 in 15 more minutes

5. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/27 Checkers amps 130 +1.5/70 +3/40

LOL@ Barb just thinking of the poor picture of you with the broom in your hand!!!! Damn and you missed your hair appt!? Hope your day goes well, these kitties know how to run our lives huh? This dance is such a learning curve! Yay for green though!!!!

6. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 3/27 Checkers amps 130 +1.5/70 +3/40

oh wow look at checkers go! Nice spot check barb!

7. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Re: 3/27 Checkers amps 130 +1.5/70 +3/40+6.5/246 my bad

When will I learn? :YMSIGH: .....came home to mid 200's. Thought it was bad strip.....4 of them.
    Came in here to post, and saw the dish of dry I forgot to pick up after big-mouth civvie. I really need to learn to turn a deaf ear to his screaming at me, for kibble.
    Now waiting to see how long it takes Checks to come down.

8. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

awww .. well it happens, don't beat yourself up over it ... checkers will come back down!

9. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

I forgot some food the other day when I picked up bowls at +10, one had gotten pushed behind one of those 24 pack boxes of soda and it had food left on it. Tugger got into it and his pmps was up because of it. There are a LOT of steps to remember in this dance. I've never been very good at remembering OR dancing so I'm kinda screwed. I'm seriously considering making myself a laminated checklist.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Oh Barb! You've really had quite the day.

Checkers probably thought you were dressed and he was going to the vet. No wonder he hid. I suspect you were so rattled with Checkers' hiding and being so upset no wonder you forgot all about the dry stuff. I really doubt that he was experiencing clinical symptoms of hypoglycemia. It just sounds like he was scared.

I do think given the 40 that he earned a dose shave.

11. Barb & Checkers (GA)

My daughter brought something up to me.
    I gave him 2 fingers dripping with Karo at 10:30 AM @ 2PM is when his bg was high. Would it be still high from the Karo? She is going by how it is with her patients...she's a RN
    Is it the same with cats? Maybe I should change my heading to not blame myself, I don't even know for sure he ate the dry.
    Oh good grief, now it's 274. I gotta stop looking. :YMSIGH:

Sienne, do you still think I can shave? I so don't know anything about rebounds and bounces.

12. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Forgive me if I am laughing....YOU are SO funny! WHERE did he think you were all dressed and ready to take him...the vet? Or the guillotine? OMG!!! You should get dressed more often Barb!! LOLOLOL He will get used to it then.
    THESE kitties!!! :roll:
    You were at least doing the broom thing in your bedroom....I on the other hand usually have to do it outside...in the yard...for EVERYONE to see....when Shadow runs out and rushes down to hide in the bushes....shoving the broom into the bushes and screaming "Come OUT"...Weirdo.
    Anyway, between the karo and the dry, Checkers is having a carbo field day! LOL

It will be okay....he will manage all right....
    I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that whole thing! What did you say to cancel your appt?
    "My cat is 40 and he's under the bed and I can't get him out and......uh....."

You have had quite a day....are you able to relax now? I hope so!! HUGS~!

13. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Heheh now I'm laughing. I even choked on my soda ohmygod_smile

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Re: 3/27 Checkers amps 130 +3/40+6.5/246 +9.5/ 274

I've never given more than a drop or two of syrup so I can't speak for how long the effects last. I don't think for more than a couple of hours. It seems to act much the same way as HC gravy. If he got into kibble, the effects will last several hours.

If there's a rebound, which it looks like there may be (although you won't really know until PMPS) you can always shoot the old dose through the rebound (i.e., shoot the old dose for the one cycle after where a reduction is earned providing numbers are high). If numbers are in the yellows or lower, shoot the new, reduced dose.

I think the reduction was earned. You aborted the cycle. I suspect if you'd waited 15 min., Checkers would have been slightly below 40.

Just as an FYI, any time I get a fast drop early in the cycle, I feed LC. If numbers are in the 40s, I will try LC first. I generally test in 15 - 30 min., depending on where in the cycle this is happening, and if there's no movement or the numbers are still dropping, I feed MC (LC + some gravy). Below 40 I give HC (or maybe mostly HC plus a little LC).

15. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Thank you Sienne. I admit...I panicked.Now that I've seen him in the 40's twice, I will not freak out next time.

So, you're not supposed to have the Karo running down his chin?
    I grabbed a cloth to wet and wipe the goo off his face, and it happened to be an apron. My Little One saw the tie hanging down, grabbed it and took off, almost making me drop Checkers in the process.

If he hadn't seen that I had combed my hair, and taken off, and made me sweep him out from under the bed, I might have been calmer......probably not.
    He was suspicious because I was rushing around, as I do when he has to go to the vet early in the morning.
    Boy, they are smart, aren't they? :smile:

Very funny Pat...my dd told me I should comb my hair more often, and the cat wouldn't get suspicious when I do.Hmph!
    PS: Little One is a young cat.

I shot a fat .5 this PM
    187 @ 1.5

16. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Oh Gosh! I laughed so hard at this, my comatose cat woke and came over to make sure I was okay! :lol: Sorry, Barb...not laughing AT you...with you...and the way you present it. Very well done!

Ive learned to test Latte at least 1hr before I have to go anywhere. even if that means a +1. Then I get the out the door check. The check an hr before can help guide me as to what I 'may' need to do, or giving me time to think about what if scenarios.

it was the one time last week I didnt do that and got a ps in the 60's...in a pm cycle when she NEVER, NEVER, N E V E R, gives me numbers like that!

Lessons are learned every day! glad you have fun learning them...or at least it seems.

Hope if this is a bounce, it clears quickly and you/checkers can get back to business!

17. Barb & Checkers (GA)

I've got the Ambien sillies right now, tried to look for the last number from my cell phone, instead of tester
    Hey, they're the same size and color, and were both sitting on the kitchen counter.
    We got a nice 128 for +3. I can go to sleep without fear.

By the way Carolyn, at least I only swept my cat out from under the bed; I didn't beat him out from the bushes in front of all the neighbors, like Pat did. Bahahahahaha!

G' Night All. Sleepy Time. Hope we all have good AMPS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.