3/27: Cosmo's caturday report

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cyn and Cosmo, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10037

see previous post for pics

Cosmo's THING has grown back to "normal" size (about the size of a quarter). It fills with fluid within a day after being aspirated.

Results from cytology and x-ray came back... and all is kind of normal. The fluid has some atypical cells, but not cancerous. Dr B says that if it were any other cat (younger, fewer health concerns) he would suggest/recommend removal.

I have ambivalent feelings. I'm glad it doesn't appear to be cancerous, but I'm sad that Cosmo has so many health concerns that he's not deemed a good candidate for removing the thing. I dunno. I also know that I don't want him to undergo surgery/anaesthesia. There's no making me happy really.

Except he's super snuggly and cute. well, outside of the incident where he got into a medium sized box (we've had it for MONTHS and I started using it as the cat toy box) and PEED right in front of me. The litterbox wasn't all that dirty (a piece of poo and 2 clumps) so I was worried. But no repeated incidents. I think he was just saying FU for making me go to vet 2x in 2 weeks.

Still waiting for the C&S from the fluid that was aspirated from his THING.

happy caturday everyone!

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about Cosmo's catitude! Little bugger!

3. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Cyn))) I know how you feel, because I live in dread of the day that Bear Man will need anesthesia for something. For now, "not cancerous" is pretty good news. I am sending "go away thingy" vines to snuggly Cosmo.

4. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about Cosmo, was upstairs napping with my Otis, who looks like Cosmo, Oat did this thing with his paws, that I've seen Cosmo do in photos -- I said "you look like Cosmo Oat."

I'm joining in on go away thingy vibes.

5. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

sending good vibes your way for Cosmo:) :YMHUG: hope things get better for him soon

6. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

More go away thingy vines!

Hope you Cosmo and Danger are doing well Cyn :smile:

7. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

I'm joining in with the 'please go away thingy' vines and snowflakes! I know what you mean by the quandary over anesthesia...a catch-22 for kitties like Cosmo, who have more going on than seems apparent in their behavior.

Glad to hear he is still his sweet snuggly self! :D

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

"Go away thingy" Or "Be gone thingy" in case it is olde English....
    I agree with the hesitation about anesthesia....we know how he hates the vet's too.
    They should only understand how hard it is for US to bring them there. I hate it. Such a big deal and so stressful for THEM, so it's stressful for ME.
    I was laughing at his brazen peeing in the box....that showed YOU! humpfh! :lol:

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Ditto on what everyone else has said about whatever that thingy is.

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

adding more go away thingy vines. I'm glad it's not cancerous, but it can't be very comfortable. On the other hand, cats don't seem to let things like that bother them, so maybe Cosmo is perfectly fine with it.

11. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah - go away thingy! NOW!

12. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

thanks for all the "be gone thingy" and "go away thingy" vines. The power of this board is incredible, so I'm very very grateful to all of you who continue to think of us, even though we're no longer "on the juice"

I wish I was more hopeful it will go away on its own, but after 10 days on ABs and no movement, I'm not as hopeful. Maybe the C&S will show we needed a different class of ABs....

Cosmo is a very good baby at the vettybean though. he has a heart on his chart to indicate to all the staff there that he's a sweetie pie. Which he is. When we went, Dr B called radiology to see if they could/would do the quick xray, and he said "he's a VERY good cat." When he brought him back out to me, he said that the radiology team was astonished at how good a baby he was for them.

I can't wait to go home and snuggle with my babies tonight.

13. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Also sending Go Away Thingy Vibes--it's just there 7 we dont want any unusual thing to be ON our cats!!!
    Away Damm thingy, Away!!--Hugs from Us ~!

14. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Glad Cosmo's mystery thing isn't anything bad. Maybe it's just a benign cyst? One of my gerbils has a marble sized one on her neck. It's been drained but just fills back up. The fluid has been tested and it's just lymph fluid and cells.

I miss Dr. B and Dr. P :sad: And having a big orange Squishy :cry:

15. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Hi ! I'm glad to hear there is no C-word for Cosmo.
    I hope the C&S gives you an easy answer for an easy fix

Of course, since he is a happy cat ( and still able to show some spunk--- even if it involved a little pee )
    that is the most important thing.

scritches to cosmo and healing vines too !

16. Denise & Oreo (GA)

Denise & Oreo (GA) Member

Oh, don't you love the catitude when they know they are doing something just to "piss" you off. (couldn't resist the pun). So glad to hear the thingy isn't cancerous. Now, GO AWAY THINGY and don't return.

Not surprised to hear that Cosmos is such a good patient. He's a sweetie.

17. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

So sweet that they've labeled him a sweety at the vet. Doesn't sound like the thingy is bothering him, so that's good. Hope it goes away soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.