3.27 Frankie AMPS 281 +2 331 +4 398

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jay, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Member

Once again a fur shot.

I'm done testing for the day.
    Next at plus 12

I havent missed in 5 years and in the last 3 weeks far too many times I have missed. The dose is so small compared to measuring a 3 Unit shot of a U40 insulin in a U100 syringe which translated to the 5 plus hash mark.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10316

2. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

couple thoughts for you --

Yep those doses can be hard to see --I used a mag. glass that I got at one of the 'mart type stores.(@ 5 bucks ) It really helped. A jeweler's loupe also works well.

as far as the fur shots go
    1. you said you have had a bunch of them lately -- are they marked on your ss? maybe I missed that.

2 . are you going by numbers alone or do you feel wet fur and/or smell the lantus oder ?

3. dunno what technique you are using now and I know you are a long time insulin shooter-----have you ever tried using a short needle and going straight into the flank? less chance of fur shot. I went at an angle in flank cause Winnie was so boney . Her skin was easy to see so that made it all the easier for me to do. I *think* dian shoots straight in ... you might get some tips from her if you want to try that.

:!: (note to newbies reading this -- please don't try this on your own w/o help of an experienced straight in shooter)

wondering ---there are some funky little red dots on the upper rt corners of some of the number boxes on your ss. I don't see any code for that. Is it just my puter or a fluke or do they mean something?

Hope Frankie is having a nice happy cat day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.