3/27 Logan AMPS 316, +6 303, PMPS 252

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10269

Logan ate well last night after the stimulant kicked in. He was 286 at +3.

Not a bad AMPS this morning - we'll see where he goes. He didn't eat esp well, but I also had to pill him so that prob upset him a bit. We started the leukeran today. DH2B is at home with him today w/strict instructions to keep an eye on him!

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 3/27 Logan AMPS 316

Hoping Logan has a good day.

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

It's great to hear that Logan is eating; he needs the foods to keep up his strength for sure.

I hope you can find a pilling method that is more acceptable to Logan like hidden inside some laughing cow cheese. Shadoe hated pilling, but not so much when hidden in the cheese!

How long till you should see some affects from the meds?

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Again, Logan has better and better numbers. I am so hoping this will keep on going for you....
    DH2B is so good...Logan and he get along so well, right? Hope you have a good day Kelly!

5. Kelly & Logan

I can't hide it in anything - it's a gelcap and it's too big for a pill pocket or anything like that. He can't have cheese, unfortunately. The original form is a little tablet, but b/c it contained lactose, we had to have a compounding pharmacy make it w/o the lactose so it's in a gelcap form. I guess the lactose helps make it into a tablet? Logan has severe milk allergies so we didn't want to take a chance of it making him sick. :sad: I'm not sure how long it will take to see if it's working - prob w/in the week, though. We have to take him back in for bloodwork about 10 days after the start of the leukeran to make sure it's not causing any damage to his system. Keeping our paws crossed that this drug works and doesn't cause him any ill effects. It's pretty scary giving it to him. I felt awful giving it to him this morning. I know some cats tolerate it just fine and don't have any lasting effects from the use.

They get along pretty well. I think they've been forced to bond through out this experience! :lol: Logan's always been a mama's boy and has only tolerated DH2B in the past. He's now a lot more snuggly w/him so they've definitely grown closer. Logan still prefers me - if I'm sleeping in and DH2B is already awake, Logan will still come find me and scream in my face when he's hungry. I'll end up getting up just to feed him! Kind of funny, but also kind of annoying!

6. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Good luck with the Leukeran. I hope any side effects are mild. Teddy has always tolerated it well in terms of it having very little impact on his bone marrow, even after years of use.

7. Kelly & Logan

Thanks, Linda. I really hope we have good luck with it. Teddy's on it for IBD only, right? Or does he have lymphoma? Sorry, I can't remember. I just had this feeling of doom hanging over me after I gave it to him. If this doesn't work for him, I'm not sure what we'll try next. How are all of your furbabies doing?

8. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Good luck with the leukeran. I kind of like having it in a gel cap - even though it's bigger, I think it slides down easier than a tablet. Plus in a gel cap, I felt like I could get away w/o wearing gloves.

Overall, apparently cat tolerate leukeran very well. I hope that's Logan's experience. I know you won't be able to not worry though until you get some blood work and make sure he doesn't have a bone marrow suppression issue.

9. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Taking the day to check and see how everybody has been doing. I'm glad to see Logan's numbers looking better and to hear he's eating. I hope you get good results from the Leukeran and the blood work shows you some good results.

Isn't it amazing how they will develop a bond with somebody while they are sick that they never had before. Max is the same way, he was always a momma's boy until he became sick and now he goes to DH for his nightly scrubbings and only wants to sleep with me. I'm glad though to see that they have developed a bond so I can't get jealous that he doesn't want momma to give him his scrubbings.

10. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly
    I like seeing these lower numbers for Logan
    (BTW, you need to updat his ss, :D )
    Good luck with the new meds. I don't know anything
    about medications but I hope this will do the trick for him and we
    can start seeing his numbers coming down even more.

11. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope that Logan has a good day today.

12. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Teddy has lymphoma. Let's just think positive that it's going to work for Logan.

13. Kelly & Logan

Logan has not eaten well today even with the stimulant on board. For dinner, I ended up giving him some dry core mixed with baby food. He ate that pretty well. Not sure what's going on with him. Hopefully, he'll feel better tomorrow. DH2B gave him his anti-nausea this morning, but that didn't seem to help a whole lot.

14. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Very nice PM # for Logan but I am not happy to hear he did
    not want to eat today.
    Come on Mr. Logan. Max is still planning on taking you to the
    Moon party at Shadow's so you need your stength for ths trip.

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

come on, Logan, feel better. Mom is worried, you don't want her to worry, do you?

16. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly,
    Im sorry to hear logan did not eat well today. Tomorrow could be better! I know, that doesnt help for the moment ((((kelly))))

Before latte started the leukeran I was told it could take up to a month to start working. So please do not get discouraged if you dont see progress immediately. A lot of people I spoke with told me they were about to give it up and then their cat just suddenly turned a corner. Im hoping since you are giving it with pred on board, it will help minimize any potential side effects.

You are using ondansetron, right? maybe get your hands on some cerenia as well?

I have high hopes Logan will respond well, in time.

Hang in there! I think of you two everyday.

17. Kelly & Logan

Re: 3/27 Logan AMPS 316, +6 303, PMPS 252, + 4 325

Wrong direction. He's still not eating well.

18. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Logan is doing well. I read your posts everyday. He is one incredible kitty - been through so much, and still a survivor. I hope he responds well to the meds. Hang in there, you are one incredible mama bean!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.