3/27 Meme amps 94, questions about probiotics!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by rawia, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawia

rawia Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...0-pmbg-120-back-from-vet.192470/#post-2148925

Hi:bighug:,

Long time did not post since Meme got tummy and constipation problem from the probiotics.

I just wondoring, do some cats has problems from probiotics in general. What i noticed that when i stopped the probiotics she was fine then i changed to another one that is for cats and same problems tummy ubset then i changed that to human probiotics which was one day ago and she was fine yesterday but not feeling well today and has high number this PM (133) and did not eat much which make me think that she is not feeling well.

I was trying to figure it out if it is the probiotics or the young again food, because she was doing fine on it for long time and i do not feed it to her all the day just as treat.

So is it possible that the probiotics cause tummy upset which i think it is impossible but if any one has some experience can give advice!!

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I haven't had any adverse reactions (as a human) with probiotics nor has Asia (they've helped quite a bit when she was on antibiotics). The side effects I know of are more GI issues like diarrhea. What are the ingredients of your probiotics? Some brands here in the states add other things besides probiotics, like chicory root. I would first suspect the ingredients, but you tried the one for cats too, so that likely isn't the problem.

Wouldn't hurt to stop the probiotics for a couple weeks and see if things improve.

3. rawia

rawia Member

The first one that i used has extra menirals and calcuim whic caused her constipation and the vet asked me to stop that then i used one for human that has no additional ingredients. I will stop it as you said and observe her, if this happened again then it might be something else and i think it might be the new bag that i ordered of young again but i will see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.