3/27 mocha pmps 97 +1 83 +2.25 50 +2.75 49

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PeterDevonMocha, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10260

WCR: I don't remember her being loud last night, but I was pretty out of it! This morning I woke up and she was laying on the stand next to my pillow looking at me like tick tock momma! It's breffus time!

Im not sure about these numbers either ... no, she is not up to her pre dental dose but she is close. She's back up to 2.25, she was at 2.5 before the dental. We saw lower numbers a few times on her lower dose but she was also on pain meds. Maybe she is in pain? She doesn't act like that at all though.

I think the food we are feeding her, wal mart special kitty turkey and giblets is 3% carbs so it isn't very high. Plus she was eating that with the lower numbers before too.

I just don't get it. I thought the dental would push her in the right direction but we seem to have lost all flow of good low numbers with mocha.

2. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/27 mocha amps 286

Could the stress of the dental just have messed up her flow for a bit do you think? My vet is wanting Do Lou to get his teeth cleaned in a month and I have been following you post since you had Mocha's dental and I am just wondering if going thru the anethetic just messes them up?? I am going to have to talk to my vet more about this when I work with him on tuesday did you vet have a view on this prior to Mocha's dental?

Annyway hoping she gets back on track for you soon hugs to you and Mocha from Lisa and Do Lou :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

3. PeterDevonMocha

lisa .. when mocha went to the dental vet, she was stressed out. She hates car rides and this vet we took her to was 1 hour and 45 minutes away from us. At the vet's she becomes a huge baby and want's nothing more then for either me or peter to hold her and she buries her head in our armpits. After her dental, on the way home she was pretty doped up and I don't think realized she was in the car. When we got her home we took her right into our bedroom and she was just loving the extra attention. Anytime we kissed her she started her purring right up, no hesitation. And she did that all weekend. She never seemed stressed out about anything AFTER the initial car ride to the vet.

Since the dental she has been a happy purring kitty cat for us who is 99% back to her normal self. I say 1% is still trying to get used to the stitches in her mouth. I know they are dissolving stitches, but I think they are still there at this point.

Our local vet was aware that we were taking her to another vet for her dental, because I went there to pick up current copies of mochas records and they asked why I chose someone else, and some other questions. I tried explaining that the only reason we went with this other vet is because she was a board certified dentist and we just felt more comfortable going to her. I don't know if our local vet was offended by that remark or not. I certainly hope not, as they are the vet we go to for her diabetes.

Perhaps the whole dental has messed with the flow of getting lower numbers for awhile. It is a bit disappointing because she was doing really good before the dental, and we just had it in our heads this would really help her out. Now it seems we are starting back over. But we have to keep reminding ourselves, at least we know her bad teeth are out, and those were causing her pain.

I wish you and Do Lou lots of luck if a dental is in your future, I am sure you guys will do great!

4. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Considering a possible fur shot two days ago and the increase to 2.25u is starting its third cycle today -- think you could wait a little longer but will probably need to increase back to the 2.5u.

5. PeterDevonMocha

I agree .. unless we see action this weekend, monday she will go up to 2.5 again.

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Ok Mocha, the treat of an increase is out there! It is written!
    Now: whatcha gonna do about that? You have the weekend to get better #s...OR ELSE! :D :D

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Mocha's shed was pretty well bone dry -- skipped shots plus the effect of the anesthesia on BG. From the standpoint of her shed, you really did start over. Mocha will get back up to speed. Give this dose a chance to settle.

8. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Every cat is different of course.. but with Nova I really expected the same thing you did.. I actually had to go up a couple times (and then back down) before she started making some sense to me again..

Mocha will get there.. at her pace of course and nobody elses.. her and Nova can be post-dental-drive-their-humans-crazy buddies!

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

I see on your SS that you did give Mocha Bupe...but was there any A/B at all?
    Do you think there might be an infection going on now? I was not all that happy about Shadow's numbers after his dental either. :-| He was on clavamox for about a week or so but spent a lot of time vomiting from it. His gums are usually sore but he had no extractions or anything...
    Maybe it's just one of those inexplicable things though. Keep on keeping on! :razz:

10. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 3/27 mocha pmps 97

well this is a nice surprise to say the least! We are still shooting the 2.25u tonight and will do spot checks. I hope this is the start of something good!

Pat, there were no A/B's that we gave here at home, just bupe. We were sent home with metacam, for inflammation? But because of the poss. side effects, we chose not to give that to mocha. I don't believe there is an infection going on in mochas mouth but she doesn't really let me look into it. I know that her breath smells 100 times better then it ever did before the dental so I mainly have to go by that.

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

From the posts by Dr. Lisa and others on Health about dentals, it looks like the conventional wisdom about ABs pre- and/or post-dental have been reconsidered in light of the amount of AB-resistant bacteria that indiscriminant use of meds has caused. Dr. Lisa had commented that unless there is a very specific reason to prescribe ABs, they are not necessary. It's decision made on an individual basis. I would still recommend that you have your vet take a look at Mocha's mouth though. If a stitch isn't dissolving, it may be causing an irritation.

That said, great PMPS!

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

nice PMPS. :smile:

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Wow...beautiful PMPS!!! :mrgreen:

14. PeterDevonMocha

ok, I'll have peter look in her mouth tonight/tomorrow (she is more tolerant of him) and if they are still there, I'll call that vet on monday, see what she says. I know she told us a time frame but of course I dont remember. Seems like 7-10 days?

15. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

What Pat said..."wow, beautiful PMPS!" :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.