3/27Ravan/amps56/+6 41/+8 43/pmps50/+5 64/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Mar 27, 2020.

1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it's going down. Tiling is a good project to tackle.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Wow look at that AMPS!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  4. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Surf safely Ravan, keep all your paws on your board!! :D

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Ravan. I hope he surfs safely today.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  6. JoyBee&Ravan

7. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

The link doesn't work, would you post it again please?

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. JoyBee&Ravan

Weruva contains Gums. (most canned food does) I've been reading about why Gums are not good for them. My cats were raised on a Raw meat diet. That's probably why they vomit from the Weruva. Some of their canned food contains all 3 gums!

http://catcentric.org/nutrition-and...-food-products-ingredients-to-avoid/guar-gum/

Carrageenan: is a known cancer-causing substance for humans, it is also known to produce intestinal lesions,ulcerations and tumors in experimental animals

Guar Gum:guar gum’s physiological effects likely have negative repercussions for cats. Guar gum increases gastric emptying time (which may contribute to hairball formation); it stimulates bile secretions (which may contribute to ulcers or pancreatitis); and it slows transit time through the intestines, which negatively affects nutrient availability, specifically impacting protein and fat metabolism.
    The effect of guar gum on nutrient availability has been studied in cats. It was added to a standard diet at 0.4% dry matter basis, a higher rate than found in commercial foods and a level that “represents the threshold of guar gum inclusion to avoid production difficulties and textural problems.” (4) Adding guar gum to a standard commercial cat food “had a significant negative effect on apparent protein digestibility in many of the cats and tended to depress apparent fat and energy digestibilities.” (4) Translation? Guar gum inhibits protein AND fat metabolism, and cats need to eat more to compensate for the problem. As the issue was more severe in older cats that naturally have “compromised digestive efficiency,” this is a product to avoid especially in senior or otherwise GI-compromised cats (IBD, IBS, intestinal lymphoma, pancreatitis, etc.). The study also observed that the inclusion of guar gum decreased feces quality, with cats experiencing wet, loose stools and diarrhea.

Xanthan Gum The main risk may be intestinal upset & it may increase the frequency of IBD in your pets.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. JoyBee&Ravan

Sorry, but for some reason my Gmail is not working?

I'll try tomorrow.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Thank you JoyBee for this info:bighug::bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  11. JoyBee&Ravan

I don't know why but I cannot get that Chart to open again. It's still telling me Error try later?
    I suppose you could Email Weruva & ask them for it?

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Looking at your spreadsheet, I'm wondering why Ravan did not get a decrease in insulin from his limes? Does he typically fail reductions? Reductions are a foreign concept to us, so I'm just being inquisitive.