3/28 Tess PMPS ~ 179; +2~193; +4~192; +7~174

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Tess GA, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

3/27 Condo
    Tess is starting out at 178 this morning. She ate all her brekkies, and is bright and alert. I am not so btb for a couple more hours.

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Tess AMPS ~ 178

I'm jealous of btb! Getting my house cleaned for tomorrow's company fof the holiday--Why do I do this??
    Great amps tess!! Greenie day for you?? have a great day!! :cool:

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad you fattened the dose, I think that will help bring the numbers down a little bit. Come on, Tess!

4. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Just popping in to say good morning... and offer a nice fresh cup of :coffee: when you wake up =) I'm running on about four hours of sleep today, so I'm envious of your btb and wishing I had a caffeine IV this morning. Hope Tess has a nice day and you see some pretty numbers!

5. Ann & Tess GA

Ugh, +2 was 221. Tess is alert eats well, and all the p P's are in order. Maybe this is just a fluke. See what the 9:00 o'clock reading brings.

6. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Good morning, Ann & Tess! WCR sounds like Tess is doing well, despite moving it the wrong direction this morning, these crazy kittes sometimes don't know what we want confused_cat If they did.. they would probably always go higher :lol: they love to please nobody but themselves!
    Wishing you both a wonderful day!

7. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 3/28 Tess AMPS ~ 178; +10~204

This has been a trying day so far. To recap tess's numbers, +2~221, +4~210, +7~265 with a OneTouch meter because the battery died, +10~204. I'm pretty sure I got the shot, and the level was right. The +10 reading was with the old Maxima meter with a new battery, and yes I did reset it. I will shoot same dose again tonight and hope she responds like last night or better. Her numbers do this sometimes and I'm not sure why. Every cycle is an adventure.

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Every cycle~every day is an adventure...every kitty has their own ways of dealing with all of this.
    We just have to be patient and wait. :roll: :roll: I am not getting any better at the waiting part...but I sure have been trying...hang in there Ann. You are doing a great job!!! b :razz:

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

hopefully this is just NDW and will pass.

10. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 3/28 Tess PMPS ~ 179

Back to where we started this morning. Tess road the high surf all day, lets surf in the greens tonight, OK. This is John and I have seen Tess do this before, so am not too concerned if we get some good readings soon. She ate most of the food (1-1/4 oz) and otherwise seems normal.

Libby, what is NDW?

11. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Am hoping along with you.

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

John -

I'm not Libby but NDW is "New Dose Wonkiness." It only happens when you increase a dose and, like the name implies, rather than more insulin doing what you would expect it to do, the numbers get, well, wonky, for a cycle or two.

It looks like Tess' AMPS and PMPS are deja vu. Let's hope the middle of the cycle reflects the dose settling in.

13. Ann & Tess GA

Thanks Sienne, NDW is what it must be. I expected it would take at least a couple of cycles to take effect.

14. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 3/28 Tess PMPS ~ 179; +2~193; +4~192

Tess is surfing at about 190. That's about 100 points too high!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.